BEST COBBLER YOU’VE EVER HAD

Ingredients
- 1 box yellow cake mix (not baked, just the powder)
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 30 ounces canned peaches, drained (or 4 fresh peaches, peeled and pitted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Vanilla ice cream
Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Mix ingredients until crumbly. Separate ½ cup of crumble for topping.
- Spray a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray. Press remaining crumble into base of dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. While crust bakes, slice peaches into small, 1 inch pieces.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla until creamy. Layer peaches on top of baked crust. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of peaches.
- Top with reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 30 additional minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream. I didn’t even mention how versatile this dish is. Try with other fruits – perhaps blackberries, lemon pie filling, or something crazy like pineapple.
Next time I think I will use blackberries. Be sure to always use FRESH fruit when making cobbler. I think it makes a big difference. I even added a little cinnamon before I put in over for 30 minutes. Serve with Vanilla Bean Ice cream.
This one is a keeper!
No comments:
Post a Comment