About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Recipe #2: Artichoke Dip


For Super Bowl Sunday I made the Artichoke Dip from "The Pioneer Woman Cooks".  I thought it was a little stiff when I put it in the oven but the cream cheese mixed with the mayo made it the perfect consistency after I baked it. 

I have never made anything with artichokes before. 


The mixing process...I don't have a food processor (future wish-list item) so I just used a mixer and it worked just fine.

Chopping the second can of artichokes.  I was afraid after I added the second can that it was going to be too much artichokes (because it sure seemed like a ton of artichokes) but it isn't called an Artichoke dip for nothing.  My sister even said that it is more creamy then "artichokey" so 2 cans is good.



The finished product...


So here is how you make the dip...it is very simple!

Ingredients:
Two 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained
One 8-ounce block cream cheese
1 cup real mayonnaise (I used low fat and it worked fine)
Cayenne pepper
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
dash of salt
Freshly ground pepper

The process:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Add one can of the artichokes, cream cheese and the mayo to the bowl of the food processor (or to a mixing bowl).  Sprinkle in the cayenne pepper but don't get too carried away.  Then add the chopped green onions.  Beat for about 15-20 seconds or pulse 6 to 7 times.  You dont want to turn it into a liquid.  Then mix in the parmesan and salt and pepper to taste and set aside.  Now chop the artichokes from the other can and chop down to bite size.  Add the artichoke pieces to the dip and stir together.  Pour the mixture into an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.  I served this with wheat thins but you can serve with any kind of cracker and tortilla chips.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks delicious! Although, I will admit I was a little disappointed you didn't try your hand at a blue velvet cake, haha.

Bekah Parker said...

I know!! I am going to make it for my brother's birthday this weekend/ Valentines Day. Want to try it out with me?

brittney1 said...

this look so good. i am going to try it. P.S. you look so cute in your picture

salena said...

I just recently made one of these! It was a little different..but this recipe sounds better.