Today I wasn't feeling well, so I combined my afternoon therapy groups so I could head
home a little early. So by doing this I had a group of 7 KG and 1st graders. We were playing a carry over game and they were making me laugh by the silly things they were doing
and saying to each other. I had one little boy explaining to another
that he wasn't saying his /th/ sound correctly. Then he actually showed him how to do it and told him to place his tongue in the middle of teeth and blow air. It was awesome because he hears me say it over and over and did it word for word of how I say it. THEY DO LISTEN!!
Anyhow, it was a lot of fun and it made me think of this quote. I went on a date
awhile back with a dentist and he took me to his office to show me something. I found this
quote on the wall and took a picture of it with my phone so I could write it down later:
“The Master of Living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation; He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. “
My job can be exhausting because let's just face it...kids are exhausting at times but....it is the BEST kind of exhausting; especially when
they start to teach others what you are trying to teach them. Makes
it that much better.
So with that being said, I play a lot at my job during therapy. Kids need games and fun activities to stay involved and it helps the learning process. We work hard but we have fun too and every time I play Go Fish or Memory or Articulation Hang Man...I think..."I really do have the best job!"
No comments:
Post a Comment