About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Random Nice Guy


First off I want to give a shout out to our
amazing home teachers: Steve Killian and Evan Brinley

They are by far the best home teachers I have ever had.
They are so on top of it and we actually invite them to 
things and like hanging out with them.

Evan was cracking me up during dinner.

Anyway...half way through dinner a few of 
noticed that this random guy at the other
table kept looking over at us and pointing.

We didn't think much of it.
So then he comes up to us as he is leaving and
asks if we are Mormon.
What gave it away?
No alcohol, modesty, clean conversation?

So we replied yes and I could tell he
kinda wanted to stick around.

Anyway...we talk for awhile and 
it would be important to note 
that each person came to about
$30 a piece so you do the math.

(It was a pretty expensive restaurant
in Scottsdale.  Apparently Steve knows
of crazy places like these. )

 The bill comes...
and of course Steven refuses to let
any of us pay...and then....
 our waiter 
states that the nice gentleman from the 
other table
picked up our tab.

We couldn't believe it.
How amazing is that?!
I felt so bad for not talking to him more.
So we got his name: Jason Hendrix

Steve says he will try to find him
at work tomorrow.

(He works for the governor)

So I decided the next time I go to Sonic...
actually I never really go to Sonic
so more like QT or Paradise Bakery
or wherever...I am going to pick up someone's tab.

It may not be $200 worth...
but as they say...

"what comes around goes around"

or

"pay it forward"

Take your pick.




4 comments:

Katy said...

What a fun little blessing! Here's an idea...next time you see the missionaries out to eat, spot their tab :) My sister did that while I was out and emailed me and told me about it and then amazingly a few days later a member in the ward took us out to eat.

Nicole said...

Cool story! Was he LDS too?

Becca Bingham said...

That's pretty cool. I always love it when people leave impressions on you that make you want to give more and do better.

Lyndsay said...

Thats such a fun story! I love the idea of paying it forward!