About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Friends...

One thing Heavenly Father has always blessed me with is good friends. I have so many friends that I have known since forever and somehow we still remain in touch. And they are always funny people. I guess it is a requirement of mine to be my friend. You have to be funny and slightly sarcastic and witty otherwise I don’t have much to say to you. JK. But it is true. I think back to all the people I am close to or drawn to and every single one of them is funny. Just sayin…laughing is my favorite. I may not be as funny but you have to be.

Salena was my very best friend growing up and I have so many memories of us growing up together. We would do gymnastics in her living room and knock things over and watch weird movies with Steve Martin (can’t remember what it is called) and “My Girl” and she always had way more barbies then I did and I did not like that. Whatever. And we use to buy these weird Popsicle things for $.10 a few doors down but I loved them. And I was in love with Sione basically since I was 5 and thought I was going to marry him. Still do…JK Brittney. But I do equate most of my jokes to Salena. Not kidding.

And then we had our tight knit “HP” group through YW/YM and we were basically inseparable. There was like 10 of us. And we thought we were so cool (which we were). And I learned that if you can like the same boy as teenage girls and remain friends…it speaks volumes to your friendship. Just sayin…

Amy and I were joined at the hip in high school and people would tell us that you could hear us before you could see us which is true. We LAUGHED ALL THE TIME! And things are always funnier when you aren’t supposed to be laughing so that has been the story of my life. We use to write things down in class and then report on our breaks when we would see each other. I loved the girls on my cheer squad and that was a relief since I spent 50% of my high school life with them it seemed like.

Don’t even get me started with my friends at BYU. We pretty much only hung out with each other; which may be why most of us didn’t get married while we were living together. Anyways…I still love them and I miss them and we remain close despite all of them married with children besides Kelli and I. That is a whole different post. Speaking of…I think it is my turn to email back. Sorry guys. I will get on that.

And then I moved home and somehow…I still get good friends. I am so blessed.

It is has been a rough year and so many changes. It was beyond difficult for me when I gave the ring back to Steven. And then my parents got divorced. My parents lost their business. My brother Danny moved to Utah and got married. Spencer moved to Alaska. Our contract didn’t get re-signed and then I got hired at a different school district and my case load gets bigger and bigger every week. My brother Dallin left on his mission and then my sister moved to Temucula and took my nephews with her. It has been a tad overwhelming but I finally feel like I am coming out of it. I actually cried tears of happiness in the temple the other day and not tears of sadness.  I am a crier.  I got choked up the other day at a commercial about a dog and I don't even like dogs.  I do...just not when they smell and shed and bark loudly. 

And my friends here at home have been amazing. I just love them. I came home from California to this sitting on my desk.




 It made me smile….largely


7 comments:

salena said...

Aww..we really did love eachother, didn't we? I will always revert back to our inside jokes that no one else would ever get! Oh and was the movie father of the bride part 2? "George Baaahnks"

Love you Bekker!

Ps-Wish I could've had another brother!:)

Clayton said...

I just found your blog and all I have to say is your amazing! Your whole family is incredible!!

Kelli said...

May I just say... you attract good friends because you are a good friend! So grateful for you Bekah, and can't wait til we can live in the same state again!

Jolynn said...

Pretty much I can say ditto to Kelli's comment, except that I can wait until you two live in the same state... unless that state happens to be UTAH! It seems like when it rains, it pours. I'm glad things are looking up for you... and looking forward to your email ;)

Nicole said...

Presh and spesh is all I have to say about this post! Of course you have good friends because you attract them. And you have funny friends because you have an insatiable laugh that encourages people to be more funny.

You are a wonderful friend and I hope things keep getting brighter and brighter! You are an incredible person! xoxo

Laura C said...

Bekah, you're fantastic :). I know we don't talk very often, but I still have great memories of being in the RS presidency with you and all the things you taught me that semester.

Thanks for being so great! :)

Stacie DeWitt said...

I would agree that I am a wonderful friend to have. It has been a pleasure making you laugh:)