Time is racing. I can't believe
Thanksgiving has come and gone
and Christmas is right around the corner.
Before I know it, this school/work year
will be over. It is crazy.
I am grateful for all
the blessings in my life
big and small:
1. The Gospel
2. These people:
3. Good friends (especially roommates). I
have the greatest friends.
4. My job...it is stressful but
I love it about 75% of the time.
5. My health!!!!!
6. Working in the temple. I work every friday mid-shift
and I love it. It is basically what keeps
my sanity these days with work
and just life sometimes. So on Friday...this young family
came in for a live sealing with their 2 little boys. And I knew one
of them had to be adopted but I was struck with how much
they both looked like the Mom. They were sealing their
new 6 month old to them and I commented how
much he looked like her and she said that they get that
all the time. I got a little chocked up. Heavenly
Father is certainly in control. It wasn't a
very big thing but I knew His hand was
in this family's life. I am so grateful for the
sealing power found only in temples,
and that they are adopting this sweet little
boy and that he will be raised in the Gospel by a good and loving family.
I wish I could take home about 80% of my students cause my heart just
breaks for their situations. I want my own kids obviously...
and I have always wanted to adopt...but after
Friday I know for sure that someday I will.
But I am also grateful for:
--Waking up and realizing I still have 30 minutes to sleep
--food channel, biggest loser
--a full tank of gas
--eye contact with a cute guy
(happened the other day at some
single adult thing
and I actually got butterflies)
--holding hands
--Christmas music
--new skinny jeans
--the smell of my new pumpkin candle
--finally getting back in running shape
--new work out clothes
--an unexpected email from a friend
--laughing...it is the greatest
--a good hair day
--a song on the radio that
you have been wanting to hear but
couldn't remember the song title
--trials...and that aches and pains
in all forms
will not always be there.
--funny people/ sense of humor
My nephew Jack told me
that he is grateful for his shoes and I asked him why.
He said, "cause they fit Bekah...duh"
Well said.
Thanksgiving has come and gone
and Christmas is right around the corner.
Before I know it, this school/work year
will be over. It is crazy.
I am grateful for all
the blessings in my life
big and small:
1. The Gospel
2. These people:
3. Good friends (especially roommates). I
have the greatest friends.
4. My job...it is stressful but
I love it about 75% of the time.
5. My health!!!!!
6. Working in the temple. I work every friday mid-shift
and I love it. It is basically what keeps
my sanity these days with work
and just life sometimes. So on Friday...this young family
came in for a live sealing with their 2 little boys. And I knew one
of them had to be adopted but I was struck with how much
they both looked like the Mom. They were sealing their
new 6 month old to them and I commented how
much he looked like her and she said that they get that
all the time. I got a little chocked up. Heavenly
Father is certainly in control. It wasn't a
very big thing but I knew His hand was
in this family's life. I am so grateful for the
sealing power found only in temples,
and that they are adopting this sweet little
boy and that he will be raised in the Gospel by a good and loving family.
I wish I could take home about 80% of my students cause my heart just
breaks for their situations. I want my own kids obviously...
and I have always wanted to adopt...but after
Friday I know for sure that someday I will.
But I am also grateful for:
--Waking up and realizing I still have 30 minutes to sleep
--food channel, biggest loser
--a full tank of gas
--eye contact with a cute guy
(happened the other day at some
single adult thing
and I actually got butterflies)
--holding hands
--Christmas music
--new skinny jeans
--the smell of my new pumpkin candle
--finally getting back in running shape
--new work out clothes
--an unexpected email from a friend
--laughing...it is the greatest
--a good hair day
--a song on the radio that
you have been wanting to hear but
couldn't remember the song title
--trials...and that aches and pains
in all forms
will not always be there.
--funny people/ sense of humor
My nephew Jack told me
that he is grateful for his shoes and I asked him why.
He said, "cause they fit Bekah...duh"
Well said.

2 comments:
How awesome that you get to work in the temple every week. I miss living close to a temple.
So sweet! I love Jacks comment--love kids!
Post a Comment