About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A New Adventure...


Yep.  It is true.  I am moving here for the summer.
It is something I have been tossing around in my mind
for awhile and so finally I just decided I should do it.  
I feel like I am suffocating a bit here in Mesa.  I 
need a change of scenery and direction.

I almost moved here when I graduated to do an 
internship with the International Dyslexia Foundation.
But then I told them I couldn't do it when I received a strong
prompting to move home.  

So...I have decided to re-live this dream and move there.
Since I am on salary, it will pay for my expenses and then I 
hope to transfer to an Old Navy or Banana Republic 
just to work and have extra money.  And I need to 
study for the GRE.  I took it in October and got a 900
and I need a 1000 to get into ASU.  I didn't
do as well on the written essay portion (4.5 out of 6) 
and I was sad since writing is usually my strong point. 
But I will site see, and meet new people and be
in a new ward.  I am so happy!

I have a few friends who live out there
or who have lived out there who 
are really helping me find the right place for me to
live.  I am so happy.  I am usually a very careful, planned out person
so to do this so spontaneously is such an awesome feeling!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

This. Is. Fantastic!! I am trying not to be jealous, but that's not working out so well for me. :) I guess that means I will be coming to visit you out there!! So fun Bekah! Way to be spontaneous.

Rachelle said...

That's great!! I lived there for a summer and LOVED IT!! Definitely hit up the Colonial Wards.

donelle said...

Awesome!!! I miss living there. While I was student teaching there my favorite place to study and prepare lessons was in the Library of Congress. It's a little tricky getting access to it (it's not as easy as getting a card for your local public library) but it's totally worth it to be able to sit in such a beautiful and historic building. Enjoy your time there!!!!

Nicole said...

Good for you! So happy for you and your new adventure. Good luck with all the details!

Clayton said...

I am so jealous!! I might be going over that way this summer to visit some family, ill have to come visit!