About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Project 1: Temple Dress


So as I stated previously, I am starting different
projects.  This is project #1.

I went with my friend Kathleen to the fabric store and
found this pattern.  We are adding long sleeves, a higher v neck, 
and making a lace belt so I can wear it or take it
off to switch it up.  We found this material
that I absolutely love!  It is very "flowy".
It will be simple and we are not doing
the ruffles around the neck.  It is the temple
and you should never do things that draw attention
to yourself.  I just want one that is sentimental
to me for when I work and eventually get married. 

We are even adding a victorian type neck.  It will
be really pretty.  Kathleen is amazing but
she has like 100 other projects
for clients so it will take a couple months.
I am excited to go and spend time with her while
she makes it.  She is an incredible person.  
I love her. 

Yay!!!


And yes I did cut my hair.  I like it.  
I do miss my long hair but it needed to be cut.

It feels healthier.  I am taking flax seed to help
it grow faster.  hahaha.  It's a fun change. :)

This is Lena's baby Tealani.  They
have like 10 names for her but I told
Lena as her "aunt", I will be calling her
Tea'.

So happy her and Sifa have officially
 moved back here!
That means me and Lena and Stacie will
be spending more time together!
I already can't get enough
of my Lena time!

2 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

As a gift to me when I got married my mom paid to have someone make temple dress made specifically to what I wanted and now am SO glad I have it. I LOVE your cute hair, too. :)

Nicole said...

I can't wait to see the finished project. You must model it!