About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Reminiscing


A week from today I will officially be graduated and no longer a college student. Today is my last Saturday in the library and up on campus and it is quite a bittersweet feeling. I keep thinking, "This is the last time I will sit at this table, walk this hall, eat at the Cougar Eat, walk up to campus, ect." It's weird but exciting! I keep thinking of all the things I want to do in my so called "free time."
So I got to rummaging through my old photo albums and found some funny pictures that I completely forgot about. It got me to thinking of how life was during those pictures and what mattered to me and what I thought was a big deal. It's amazing what we learn the older we get. But some of you may get a kick out of these pictures.
This is my 6th grade picture. So funny! I just wanted to share. I still have that shirt. Just kidding:)
This is when I went to Nauvoo with a group of single adults. I thought you would enjoy this Katy.
We went to Disneyland and California Adventures the May after I was diagnosed and it was so fun. I think it was the last vacation as a family since before missions and I can't wait until Spencer gets home so we can all go together before Dallin leaves. I have a funny story about this picture. So I had to cut my hair (thank you Terri Hill) since it was falling out and it was just coming out constantly by this point. I was shedding like crazy and we went on this really really fast roller coaster. It's like the fastest one there and by the end of the ride after we are all trying to catch our breath, my brother Spencer yells from the back, "Hey Bekah...Do you still have your hair?" I about died. I guess it was pretty funny. And then we had to get me a wheelchair by the end of the day b/c my energy was so low but my brothers loved it b/c it got us to the front of the line. But I looked normal so I know people were wondering what I was doing in a wheel chair. And so we get on this elevator to take us up to the front of one of the rides and we were sharing with a guy and his girlfriend who was on crutches. So it gets all silent on the elevator and I know these people are just thinking we are totally ripping off the system, and so my father of many words says admist the silence, "terminal cancer." We all just about died. So awkward but funny.

Wow blast from the past! This was at one of our cheer competitions. I hated those uniforms. But I loved my squad!
Highschool graduation. If only I would have known then what I know now. But I guess that is the beauty in life. We don't and that's why we have something called FAITH. I can't get over how little Dallin is.
For MORP in high school, we took our dates to Knottsberry Farm and it was in February so there was like no one at the park. We would actually just stay on rides and they would run it over and over for us. I can't believe how young we all look especially Danny and Chase.
Lena and I made a trip to Utah after graduation. Amy coulnd't come for some reason but we had a good time.
Salena and Steven's wedding. The sweat dripping from my face is just awesome along with my tan line. But it was in the middle of July. It's a good think I love Salena to bear it. And thank you Kim for letting me borrow that dress. Do you remember that?
And now my awesome friends. I love these people and am so grateful for them. Too many good times to choose from.
And the reason I am here and about to graduate. I couldn't do it without these 7 people. I love them so much and I am so grateful for their strength and constant support.

Well that was fun! Have a happy Saturday and week!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that was so fun! I loved it!

salena said...

That was fun! I remember that 6th grade Bekah well! :)

Oh, I had to carry around a rag to wipe off the sweat in between pictures..what was I thinking having an AZ wedding in July?

Stacy said...

Congratulations Bekah! It is so fun to remember the good times again. Good for you on graduating! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was fun to read! I love the pictures and accompanying stories. You are embarking into a wonderful new chapter. Can't wait to see what life has in store for you! :)