
I have never written a post like this
but I found this browsing through a website
and it struck me because I KNOW I have
done this a time or two or three.
I KNOW I did it while dating up at school.
There are so many great people at
BYU and so every date you go on, you think
"oh this guy is awesome...but I am sure there
is someone better for me..."
That is the mindset of someone who will probably
never get married.
And it isn't fun for me to admit, but it is the truth.
And I know we all have this perfect person built up in our minds:
He will be:
at least 6'1
ridiculously goodlooking
incredibly smart and witty
so funny that my stomach hurts everytime we laugh together
the next prophet
basically Peyton Manning, Lebron James and David Beckam rolled up in one
Mother Teresa as a man (that sounded so strange)
and...
PERFECTLY PERFECT
blah, blah, blah
This will just never, ever happen.
The key is finding someone who makes you happy
and makes you want to be the best version of yourself.
And 9.9 times out of 10 it is not the person
you have "made up in your mind"
your entire life.
And in the words of Brother Randy Bott:
"If you do find that perfect person,
they will not want to marry you."
5 comments:
I love that quote hahaha. Great Post! Speaking of men...are you still talking to..Steven is it?
This is a very cute post, and oh so true. Im sure everyone has done this at least once!
Oh how I love you so much right now. And Randy Bott. He is THE MAN! I do remember him saying that in my class with him. But seriously, Bekah...you do deserve an AWESOME dude.
Loved the post. As with the first comment...are you still dating Steven? Just wondered if this post had anything to do with that or him :)
Actually, I know a kid who is 6'1, really handsome, prophet material, and better than Lebron Manning Beckham...and he speaks multiple languages. I think you know him too.
Post a Comment