
CHEESE
I have never been a huge fan of cheese. In fact, I hardly ever
ate it growing up. I can not even begine to tell you how many times I have
said, "Hold the cheese please"
Well not actually the please part, but everywhere I go:
"I will have a turkey sandwhich with no cheese."
"Can I have a vegetarian pizza with no cheese."
(I actually take the cheese off of any kind of pizza..so silly)
"I am going to have the Veggie Burrito with no cheese."
"Um...can I have the ceasar salad with no cheese."
And on, and on and on...
My friends have been amazing tolerators of this thing I have about no cheese.
Kelli even makes separate dishes for me without cheese. When she makes her amazing chicken dip, she makes a separate bowl for me. Or those amazing southwestern thingies...she makes a few without cheese. Code does the same exact thing with her spinach artichoke dip.
And then after the chemo, my stomach wasn't able to tolerate dairy
and sugar for the longest time and it just put me more into
the habit of not eating cheese.
Well when I moved home a few months ago, my Mom made these incredible
cheese sandwhiches one day after church, and I have had a MAJOR
BREAK THROUGH.
I can not believe that I have been missing out on this fantastic piece
of amazingness for so long. I have had cheese on my
sandwhiches for the last 4 days and
it adds SO MUCH to a sandwhich. All this time
I have been eating just plain meat, on plain bread
with freakin spray butter nonetheless.
I even put cheese in my taco soup last week and
cheese on my hamburger.
Now I am aware of the fat content in cheese
and I have always been a little crazy about all that stuff
(as much as I hate to admit that)
but for now, I think I will continue
to eat cheese sparingly versus none at all.
But the other day at Rubios, I asked for my veggie burrito with
out cheese and my brother gave me a hard time.
Why? Because I told him about my new revelation concerning cheese.
But lets not get carried away. One menu item at a time.
6 comments:
Haha! I remember a phone conversation we had in 9th grade and you said
"She even puts cheese on her salad!"
(Like it was a fault)
Facebook me and I'll tell you who you were talking about if you cant remember:)
That's funny Bekah. I wish I didn't like cheese as much! :) P.S.- don't worry about the whole Jesse/Stacie thing. Didn't think it was rude at all! You probably know both of them better than I do anyways!
is this bekah from MESA high??!!
it kimmie if sooo! and i MISS you girl! let me kno if this is my BEKAH from gym class!!!! If ur not her and i am so sorry but you look just like my BEAUTIFUL Bekah!
Kelli is ine of the nicest girls ever. Tell her I said hello.
Bekah, thanks for the sweet comment. It was fun to come and read your blog and see what you are up to. It sounds like things are going well and you are happy to be back with your family. Good Luck with the job hunting, finding a job outside of Provo is sooo much easier.
Ha ha MORE CHEESE PLEASE! I'm glad you are warming up to the idea of cheese! :)
Post a Comment