We had our stake Achievement Day activity this past Saturday and it was a lot of fun. The theme was, “I Am a Daughter of a King” and they gave each girl a tiara and explained in different classes about the importance of the scriptures, the Holy Ghost, purity and modesty, the temple, eating healthy and keeping our bodies clean. It was so fun and during the opening exercises our stake president spoke and I thought to myself, “I am a daughter of a king.” It was funny. Well not funny, but I was really moved by the things he said and how these special girls need to feel special and loved because they are daughters of our Heavenly Father. The eight girls that I have are so fun and have quite the personalities and I enjoy working with them. I am still getting use to them calling me Sister Parker. It makes me feel old.
For our little dance we sang to “I am Like a Star” and did a little dance. It was super simple but cute and they were such good sports. I was so excited about their star headbands. The shirts didn’t turn out the way I pictured but it worked out just fine.
Roxy, Ashton, Bailee, Emily, Karson
I will most likely be moving out in a couple of months so I will be sad to be released. So for now, I am just going to keep enjoying them. Our next activity is neighborhood cleanup. Isn’t that so exciting???!!! I will need to come up with a fun craft and snack to go along with it.





3 comments:
Ok so I read your post when I got to work, like 20 minutes ago and I can't stop singing that song "I am like a star shining brightly, shining for the whole world to see" haha I like the star hats they are really cute!
I know what you mean about feeling old. My primary class calls me Sister Jones...hahaha! Looks like fun!
I miss you guys!
Post a Comment