About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend With the Fam


It was a great weekend with the family. We started with Dallin's football game as they demolished Dobson 42-6. It was great and Dallin did awesome! I am afraid my cheering side only comes out stronger when I have a brother playing.
Me and Rachel...sorry about the blurry picture.
I think this picture is so funny because I look so fixed on my texting conversation with Jake.
It must have been important....
Score at halftime...

And then we headed to Heber Saturday morning and I just had to take a picture of this gas pump. It is the oldest pump I have ever seen. When we pulled up, I was expecting an "out of order" sign but it totally worked!
It ended up just being my parents, me, Rachel and the boys since Alan and Danny had hw and Dallin had football. But we still had a lot of fun. It is so nice and pretty up there and so relaxing. It was great to get away.




On our way to the park...or should I say the death park! Oh my goodness. This park was SCREAMING liability and breakage of bones. The next few pictures will explain it all.
But first...you know those things that you sit on and spin around and around and around
and all you want to do is throw up? Well...don't you worry. It was there and I was so nauseated just looking at. But Kaden enjoyed it...until he went flying off and started to cry. Poor guy.

Ok display #1...are you kidding me?
Display #2...this slide was like 2 feet off the ground. You come sliding down and flying off. What child in their right mind would want to slide down this thing? Or more like...what mother would let them? I was even scared. JK.
My sister and I thought it was the craziest thing.
Display #3...Kaden is one of the most stubborn little boys I know and here he is trying to attempt the
impossible by himself at 3 years old, so obviously I had to step in. He was pretty nervous at this point in the decision.

And Display #4...are you really kidding me? If Kaden does it then Jack HAS to do it too. This is Kaden but the next couple are of Jack. I was laughing so hard by the end because Jack was so
bound and determined to complete this task. I mean seriously...check it out below...

Look at that determined faced! No fear!
And then to end on a light, safe note (sort of)...swings!
And we drove the quads. They were
OBSESSED with the bikes.




And then we came back this to the hot weather and headed to Olive Garden. Rachel and I dropped the kids off with Alan for a girl's day. We went to go see "All About Steven" and ended up walking out within the first 10 minutes. It was horrible! Do not go see it! But then we went and got some yogurt and did a little shopping.

It was a great weekend and this week is going to be good too. We have our Stake Achievement Day this weekend and my girls are going to be so cute in our dance. I am just super excited about their outfits. I got some more hours with SAVVY SPEECH and my substitute teaching certificate came in the mail. And...I signed up for the GRE! Say some extra prayers on October 28th. I will breathe a huge sigh of relief when that is over.

Oh and I just have to mention how proud I am to be a BYU Cougar. BYU beat Oklahoma 14-13 Saturday night. I am so proud!! It was awesome. It is going to be a good season. Sure wish I had my student tickets now.

Happy New Week!



5 comments:

salena said...

We were in Forest Lakes on Sat and Sunday! Rachel's boys are so cute!

Liese said...

haha. o my goodness that park is horrible! the funny thing is that growing up, those were all the best things to play on until people realized they weren't safe and they changed them haha. Btw... those boys are tooooooo cute! adorable!

The Parkers said...

Yeah that park should be taken down. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. I'm off to Utah then Wyoming here I come!!!

Anonymous said...

Busy girl! Glad everything is working out with work and school. Good luck with everything! Come visit soon!

Nelson Family said...

Looks like we all had a fun up in the mountains over the long weekend, isn't it the best being in the outdoors? Your nephews are so dang cute, nothing like family!