About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Matter Of Great Faith

A post like this makes me think I should go private but I also feel that maybe somewhere out there in cyperspace...someone needs to hear this too.

I didn't get much sleep last night. I woke up every hour on the clock and finally at about 5:45am I couldn't take it anymore and so I went for a run. And then I came home and went straight to the temple to clear my head and comtemplate my feelings.

Now I am not tooting my own horn here by saying I am going to the temple but just to give a little insight into why I needed some spiritual uplifting.

Steven and I broke up last night. I won't disclose the reasons of course but it is just not working for now or ever. Who knows? But I just need to keep having faith. He promises to always take care of us.

When I was a laurel I had gone to the temple to do baptisms. So as I was waiting outside the baptristy for my Laurel Class, I was watching a bride and groom take pictures. I wasn't thinking of much and especially not of getting married, but an older gentlement who had just left the temple noticed me watching this couple and he turned to me and said something I will never forget:

"It is all a matter of great faith!"

That simple statement has really carried me through my past relationships. I didn't think much of it at the time and wondered why he was telling me this, but I realize now why he was insprired to tell me with it being so difficult for me to find the person I want to spend my life with and marry.

Steven is one of the most incredible guys I have ever known. He wants to do the right thing and honors his Priesthood and takes it very seriously. He works so hard and his work ethic is one of the reasons I was so attracted to him. He is funny and we laugh all the time. Constantly.
And I will miss him!

"Be Not Afraid...but Believing"

But life is still good. I am working part time for a Speech Pathologist and loving every minute. I was born to be Mom, Wife, and a Speech Pathologist. I swear it is in my blood:) I work with a girl now with Asperger's disease which is a high functioning form of Autism and it is so wonderful. She is a hoot to work with and we have a lot of fun together. And I work with a few speech impediments and administer speech and language screenings. I am also substitute teaching and working for my parent's business manager. I take the GRE in October and it has been different trying to get back in the groove of studying. All the schools I plan to apply to are back east so that should be fun. If I don't get in for this next Fall, I will just keep doing my best.

My sister is due November 2nd, Dallin is expected to play a lot in this next game on Friday, and Spencer hit his one year mark a week ago.

So life is good. If there is one thing I have learned in my lifetime it is that we can never appreciate the sweet if we don't experience the bitter.

May we all be faithful and trusting in His All-Knowing Hand!


8 comments:

Jolynn said...

Bekah, hang in there. You are doing incredible things with your life right now, which might not be possible if you were somewhere else. He will always take care of us, and is aware of you. It's interesting the different paths that life can take... keep up all you are doing and it will all work out! You have a great attitude!

Chitney said...

Bekah You are so amazing and i really look up to your spirit and your love thanks!

Anonymous said...

Remember, when you move on you move up! Don't worry...these are all good learning experiences. :)xoxo

Judy said...

You are the dearest and sweetest and most outstanding of young ladies. I am glad that you are waiting for all things to be right
and not just "settling". It will happen and he will be wonderful. Patience is hard and all we can do is play the hand we are dealt each day the best we can. You deserve the very best and I'm sure that is what Heavenly Father has planned for you!

Kim and Matt said...

When you think you have lost something great, something greater always follows...whether it is the same relationship with stronger ties or someone else that suits you better than you could have ever imagined.
Timing is everything. I know you know this. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. The Lord must have a more divine plan for you.

Laura C said...

I'm so sorry Bekah, I'm so amazed but not surprised that you're dealing with this with a positive attitude. You're a fighter, and things will not just turn out okay, but they will be WONDERFUL someday.

Hang in there, girl. love you!

Amy said...

bekah, its just a matter of says, just eat a bowl of icecream, take a nap, and read a good book. You'll be fine. Samuel was a great guy, but there a lot of guys like that out there. By the way, you still need to call and tell me about your date?

Bekah Parker said...

Aimes...for the hundredth time...it's Steven. Who the heck is Samuel? I will call you later today. It was okay.