About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Lymphoma Run



Most of you probably already got an invite on Facebook but I thought I would write on my blog as well.  Stacie and I have put together a "Lymphoma Run".  I have been wanting to run a half marathon for a really long time and it is too bloody hot to do one down here in the summer and the others I want to do I can't for various reasons: not enough money and Sundays.  Anyhow, we put together a run to raise money for the Lymphoma foundation.  It is purely donations but the first 25 people can get shirts for $5 each.  I have been looking into a park to run it at but I have run into some hurdles.  In order to use Red Mountain Park or Usery or any big park, I have to pay a huge fee to reserve it AND have $1-$2 million in liability insurance.  EXCUSE ME!!  The lady on the phone said I could do it through my home insurance.  Whatever.  I just want to raise money for a foundation very close to my heart with like 50 people and she was acting like I was hosting an event for the whole state of Arizona. I am afraid I was a little sassy on the phone with her, but she is just doing her job even though she wasn't very helpful.  But yes I am over it.

So I was thinking Harmony Park over on 32nd street and we could just come up with a route around the park and a few streets.  It would be a 2 mile run/walk and a 4 mile run. 

Date: Saturday May 15th
Time: 8-11am
Place: To be Determined
Why: to perform your human duty and help out a speical cause

I will be updating you for information.  But please come and donate or support a very special cause.  I am a cancer survivor but ashamed to admit that I don't do much for the cause until now and why not add running to it?? 




6 comments:

MeL said...

Did Stacie not tell you my idea for the 1/2K? I would definitely do it if it were that short...and I'm all about the t-shirts. (Shhhh, if you set one aside for me I'll donate a little more than that! Size small please.)

Anonymous said...

You two are just awesome! How good of you! If I were going to be in AZ I'd be all over that. I'm anxious to get back in shape now that I've birthed a babe. xo

Heather said...

I think that is awesome that you're doing that...that is our anniversary weekend, but if we're in town I'd love to do it! Good Job!

Jolynn said...

You are awesome! What a neat thing to be doing. I hope the place works out for you. I am sure it is more work than it seems like it would be. Good luck! Wish I were there to participate.

donelle said...

You are amazing, Bekah! I'm so sad that I won't be able to participate because I'll still be in Utah at that time. But I'll let everyone that I know in Arizona about this!

Anonymous said...

You probably don't remember me, but we went to HS together. I peek in on your blog from time to time and I would love to participate in your run. Shoot me an email with all ten details as soon as you have them, affygirl@msn.com.


Afton Welker