About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Birthday Extravaganza


I turned 25 Saturday and am now a quarter of a century older.  And the older I get, the less I care about my birthday (I know that is such a party pooper attitude) so I wasn't looking a ton toward this day...but it ended up being the best birthday I have ever had...why?  Because of Steven...

Steven took me on a hot air balloon ride.  I told him a long time ago how much I wanted to go on one and he remembered!!  It was amazing!  We went with about 12 other people including a group of girls from Australia.  PS...they don't say their /l/s.  And a couple anniversary couples and it was just really great.  It was a beautiful day and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.  I wasn't scared at all and we even got up 7000 feet in the air.  I loved every second of it.


Here they are beginning to blow up the balloon



There were about 5 other balloons along with ours being blown up and it was super fun to watch.



Isn't that so cool??!!











I thought this picture was pretty awesome with the flame.  At the beginning of the trip I was wishing I would have remembered when Steven told me to bring a light jacket but when the flame got going, it warmed you up right away.  Our pilot was so funny and had been flying for 20 years.  He even extended our trip to an hour and a half.








This is about 7000 feet in the air and a view of Lake Pleasant.



After we landed, they treated us to a breakfast.  It was amazing.  We had a chocolate filled croissnat and a ham and egg quiche.  Am I spelling that right.  OH and apples and cheese. 




Here it is. 

It was the best day.  After the balloon ride, we went to the park and threw around the frisbee and the weather was perfect.  Not your typical June afternoon. We then did some shopping and had lunch and it was so nice just to not have to rush anywhere and spend time with Steven.  I am so grateful for Steven and making this day so special for me.  It was literally the best birthday I have ever had.  He is my best friend and I just love him!!!


Here are me and my cute nephews.  I love them too.  We had dinner and cheesecake and went and saw "Karate Kid"  It was actually super cute!! 

Thanks for all the birthday wishes from everyone.  I know I sound like a broken record but it was the best day for me!!  And I got the COOLEST birthday present in the WORLD so stay tuned for that because I will be posting about it.

9 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

How cool! A hot air balloon ride seems so fun! I've always loved watching them in the air!

Anonymous said...

So FUN! I'm so glad you had a good birthday!

Madalyn Nuttall said...

Oh that is awesome! I think hot air balloon rides are something every girl dreams of doing so props to steven for making that happen! I'm glad you had a great day!

I'm really excited to know this other present you got...I have my suspicions!

Anthony and Jessica said...

ohh that IS the best birthday ever. You've got a gem on your hands!

Rachel said...

That's awesome I've always wanted to do that! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

Jolynn said...

So fun! Funny thing... I remember Steven's 25th birthday- the same day I saw Matt when he got home from his mission. We of course bought him some of those funny gifts and cards. I'm glad you had a great birthday!

Kelli said...

Fuuuuuuuuunnn!! I'm glad your birthday exceeded your expectations :). And don't tell me, your coolest birthday present in the world was a book and a dvd, right? Haha, jokes. :)

Brynn Snyder said...

Becka,

That sounds so fun. I am glad you had a great time. I like coming on to your blog and checking up on you... sometime you will have to fill me in on your relationship with steven. It seems interesting.

Brynn

Kim and Matt said...

Oh my gosh! I think this is the exact hot air balloon I have been in. I went for my birthday one year. We had that exact same breakfast and everything! Totally fun, huh? So exciting. Thought I would share that. :)