About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer is HERE!!!

It is officially summer in Arizona.  It is so blasted hot.  It is only 104 and counting at the moment.  Yikes!!  I forgot what it was like to get into a car that is 130 degrees and turn on the AC to full speed to keep yourself from melting away.  Wow. 

So since it is summer...we swim....ALOT.  I go to my sisters when time permits and we lay out and Jack and Kaden swim...in the buff.  I hope this picture doesn't offend anyone b/c I think it is so cute.  (And even if it did offend you, I still wouldn't take it off.  JK)  But they REFUSE to put on their swimsuits and if you had to listen to Jack's high pitched wailing, you wouldn't force it either. 

Side not:  my roommate was kind of interested in the guy named JK.  That was his name.  Luckily it only lasted 2 days because I could never have him over and seriously call him JK.  I mean seriously??!!  Who in their right mind names their child JK?  I think it may be short for something but that is besides the point.

Kaden didn't realize he was defeating my full purpose of laying out and keeping both sides even...but what the hay...he is only 3!


School is out and I got a job at Old Navy.  So far so good.  The first week I thought my back and feet were going to fall off with all the standing and walking...but I am good to go now.  The pay checks are quite smaller then my normal ones...but at least it keeps me busy and it is something.  It is kind of funny though because some of the workers like to treat it like rocket science and I just want to say:  "It is just folding clothes people!!!"  Oh well.  I will not judge.

My Mom and I are going to Utah June 30th-July 9th to see my Grandma and BYU is allowing me to observe in their speech clinic to obtain my extra 25 hours for my speech tech license.  This is a huge blessing b/c that NAU class was cancelled and it saved me $1000 so I am so happy.

This week was a very difficult week.  Maybe the hardest I have had in a very long time.  But I just know that everything works out when you do the right thing and follow the spirit.  I still pray to know what to do with big decisions in my life and that I will be directed down the right path.  I am grateful for loving friends and family who are very supportive.  I just have so much faith that everything works out they way it is suppose to even if it isn't what you want or it isn't on your timetable!

That is all folks. 

Oh no it is not.  One more thing.



My roommate Sarah's birthday was last week and we celebrated by going to "Farm Grill"  It was amazing.  The BBQ Pork Sandwhich was heaven.  I couldn't get over the toasted bun.

But Sarah is a breeze to live with.  Literally a breath of fresh air.  She is so pure in heart and so kind and the most nurturing girl I know.  I am so grateful for these 2 girls. 
I LOVE THEM!! 




4 comments:

salena said...

joe's farm IS amazing & I always get their pork sandwich! you should try their breakfast...its so good!
And that picture totally offends me. how dare you put a cute nakey bum picture on here! JK!!..he's so adorable.

hey-we should actually get together when i get back in august, yes?

Jolynn said...

That pool looks heavenly! We tried to go swimming last week, but it was too cold, so we ended up in an indoor pool. But it is finally warming up here! Sorry you had a hard week- hope things are going ok for you! See you in August!

Abby said...

bekah i just love you! i love reading your blog and keeping up with what you are doing in life. i hope your week gets better and that things start to look upward for you doll. i know what you mean about working in retail - i have done that same job and it is so funny how complicated people try to make it! :) live up the heat - i miss it so much, it's cold and rainy here! and that photo of you three girls is darling - you are all so beautiful and radiant. what a perfect trio to live together! you guys are THE dream team! :) love you!

Anonymous said...

ha ha I love the photo in the "buff." Glad you're surviving the heat...hopefully we will survive in August. I CANNOT wait for you to get here to visit! Talk to you manana! xoxo