About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

#1 Birthday Present EVER

The amazing piece of amazingness you see above is what Steven bought me for my birthday.  It is a Garmin watch which does just about everything you need it to do if you are running outside and it even comes with a heart rate monitor.  This monitor connects with the watch and you are able to track how many calories you burn.  But more importantly, as you run it has a GPS system so it tracks your mileage, your pace, your time, and will beep if you get too far ahead or behind of your pace.  It keeps track of all your activities and goals and times.  And I cannot forget about the part where the timer will automatically stop for you if you stop running.  It just stops.  How incredible is that!!  The watch has it's own little computer and when you plug the USB port into the computer, you just lay the watch next to it, and it automatically updates and transfers all the info onto your computer.  I have never been so excited to run in my life.  And I work so much harder cause I am able to watch my heart rate.  It is amazing!!  I am running RAGNAR with my sister and 10 other girls in October in Vegas so this is the perfect training tool to get my ready for that kick in the butt event.  I am excited!

Thank you Steven for knowing me well (and being kind and wonderful) enough to get this for me. 

3 comments:

Brooke Fenn said...

That is so awesome! He seems so great. Do you happen to know where he got it?

MegRich said...

Nice! Technology is amazing! You are so brave to run RAGNAR- a girl I VT recently ran the one in San Fran and said it was such a blast. Happy training!

The Parker Place said...

I love my running watch too, I just wish I could kick this tiredness and get back to running