About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Don't Mess

Today, Friday October 22, 2010, started out pretty
uneventful.  I headed out to Maricopa around
7am to test a few students.
It all went smoothly and the kids were absolutely
adorable.  I really shouldn't think saying /s/ and /r/
incorrectly is so cute. 

Anyhow, I finish up there and head back
to civilization to meet my mom for lunch.
She works at the Mesa Public Schools District Office
and I haven't seen her new office yet.
We enjoy Subway outside and I realized
how much I had missed my Tuna on
Herbs and cheese bread.

I say my goodbyes and head down Stapley to get
on the 60 to head home.  As I am driving, the car
in front of me makes a sudden abrupt stop so I hit my brakes
and everything is fine.  Well until
Mr. Cavalier is too busy looking for his cigarette lighter
to look up and see me breaking and SLAM...

I felt like my neck had popped off my shoulders and I instantly
imagined the back of my car in shambles.  We pull over
and his car is well all smoky and steamy and both of his airbags had gone
off and he was the only passenger. Poor guy.

All I know is I was relived to see my car wasn't nearly as bad as his.
And he was driving his Ex-girlfriends car.  You could tell he was totally
scared of her and when she showed up...I couldn't blame him.
He actually told the cop he would rather go to jail
then go home with her.  And he seemed really serious.  Poor guy.
But in all sincerity...

Exibit A: his car

Exibit B: my car

Don't mess with the Dodge! 

I have my sprint triathlon in the morning.  I really
hope this 800 mg Ibuprofens will help me
through it.

6 comments:

Liese said...

Oh no! Well at least you are safe, not injured, and your Dodge is okay :)

Laura C said...

scary! But I'm glad you're okay!

Abby said...

ahhh scary!! i'm so glad you're ok though! and way for the dodge to be so tough - you picked a good car!! :)

The Parker Place said...

That's why you never mess with a mini van. Rock on!

Bekah Parker said...

IT IS NOT A MINI VAN!!!!

Nicole said...

How scary! I'm glad you are safe! Go girl on the triathlon!

That's funny the guy would rather go to jail than with his ex-girl. However, why would he be driving his ex's vehicle anyhow? hmm...