
A good friend told me the most amazing story Thursday so you need
to listen.
When she was driving from Nebraska to Arizona many years ago
with her husband it was during Christmas time and it was snowy and
icy and the roads were really bad. It was her turn to drive and it was dark
and really late and her husband was starting to doze off
and she hit black ice.
The car started to spin out of control and she panicked. She said
a prayer and the prompting came as clear as day:
"TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF THE WHEEL AND ENJOY THE RIDE."
She took her hands off the wheel and the car slid into a snow bank
and they were safe. Nothing happened. But within a split
second a semi came whizzing by and if
she wouldn't have removed her hands,
they would have been destroyed.
That story changed me. She was teaching me to stop
trying to have control and let the Lord take charge.
She said you won't always enjoy the ride,
you will enjoy the eternal blessings.
It is only when we stop trying so hard to have it our way,
will we find real happiness.
And so every time I start to want to control things
or force things or change my circumstances (that I don't have control over),
I think of that story. I figuratively, take my hands off the
wheel, say a silent prayer, and keep moving forward.
That simple story has changed my life!
Isn't it amazing!
7 comments:
Is your friend's name Carrie Underwood?
k i loved this story. it gave me chills. thank you for sharing it - it is so true. sometimes we try to control too much when really... we need to just let Him be in charge, and everything will be better! love you. hope you're doing well!!
ha ha Kelli! Good piece of advice!
Oh Kelli that is so funny! I seriously didn't even think that. No Cheryl Smith she is in your ward...but still good call on your part.
Loved this. Thanks for sharing.
Ha ha Kelli! Good story Bekah.
Yes, it's amazing! I love this, thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment