It was quite the weekend I am here to tell you. Spencer and I drove down to Arizona early Friday morning and it took us about 10 hours with the time change. It actually went by rather quickly and the drive isn't bad when you are with someone you like. We pulled into Mesa around 3:30pm and then drove out to my sister's house in Queen Creek. Amy came out with us and she is still as funny as ever. We played games and ate pizza and my new nephew Jackson is adorable. I forget how small they really are at that age. Spencer and I were really exhausted from the drive so we headed back to my parent's home fairly early. But Saturday my brother Dallin got a bunch of his friends together to play basketball down at the church and Spencer played a long with them. Thank goodness he is athletic or I don't know what I would do. He won Dallin over just for that. They played like 10 games not joking and Stacie came along with us to watch. That night we went to the Easter Pageant at the temple and it was amazing like always and it sure brings back a lot of memories of YW/YM mutual nights. And of course the temple is just beautiful. But we had a good time and I just love this time of year at home. The weather is perfect!
Sunday we went to my church and poor Spencer had to shake about 100 hands but he was good sport and its always fun to be back in your home ward. We then went to Lena's homecoming talk and she did an incredible job. She sang "His Hands" and I cried and my mom started crying before Lena even started. Lena looks great and is the same and you can tell she served a great mission. We then ate easter dinner and left shortly after to get back to Provo at a decent time. But the drive ended up taking about 12 hours and we pulled in around 5am. WE WERE EXHAUSTED! And poor Spencer drove in silence while I fell asleep from about Page to Beaver. I couldn't stay awake but luckily he like an owl when it comes to staying awake at night. He is such a trooper.
But I will have to say overall, the trip was a success and my family really likes Spencer. He practically had them eating out of the palm of his hand. Well...I wouldn't go that far but it was a great trip home!
Sunday we went to my church and poor Spencer had to shake about 100 hands but he was good sport and its always fun to be back in your home ward. We then went to Lena's homecoming talk and she did an incredible job. She sang "His Hands" and I cried and my mom started crying before Lena even started. Lena looks great and is the same and you can tell she served a great mission. We then ate easter dinner and left shortly after to get back to Provo at a decent time. But the drive ended up taking about 12 hours and we pulled in around 5am. WE WERE EXHAUSTED! And poor Spencer drove in silence while I fell asleep from about Page to Beaver. I couldn't stay awake but luckily he like an owl when it comes to staying awake at night. He is such a trooper.
But I will have to say overall, the trip was a success and my family really likes Spencer. He practically had them eating out of the palm of his hand. Well...I wouldn't go that far but it was a great trip home!
5 comments:
So the post that you left on my photo blog got me curious, I was reading your post the whole time thinking, okay when is she going to get to the part where he proposed this weekend, And I kept trying to see if I could see a ring in that picture. I would seriously love to take engagement shots for you one day...just let me know!
Good job Bekah, all fixed.
The Easter Pageant always reminds me of those days, too..and that year Sam had that eagle scout project and we were there every day cleaning up trash! That's such a good pic of your family. You and Spencer make such a great couple!
hey bekah
sounds like you had a fun easter.. you and Spencer look good together! .. i know that trip to Utah i've made it many times it is unbearably LONG.. especially when your driving back.. well bekah he looks like a keeper..!! sure am happy for ya!! luv ya
so weird spencer grew up already....
Post a Comment