Spencer and I went to conference both Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning with his brother Aaron and his wife Haley. It was so fun and I just love conference! It was strange not having President Hinckley there but how wonderful it is to know that we still have a living prophet.. What a blessing to live in a time where we have living apostles and prophets! I really enjoyed President Monson's address during Sunday morning and how all the apostles gave their witness of his call as our new prophet.
I really loved Elder Holland's talk because recently I have been conversing with a man who publishes anti Mormonism literature on the Internet and one day I stumbled upon his website and emailed him to only correct his mistakes. Well this went on for about a week and then he emailed me about Revelations and how it says that nothing should be added to this book. And that is solely what Elder Holland talked about. I couldn't believe it! What an answer to my frustrations with this man who is so misled and too stubborn to see and hear the truth. I had emailed this man back about a couple of weeks before conference after talking to my super smart boyfriend and he had given me the complete background of the Book of Revelation. But anyhow, what an answer to my prayers! The church is true!
About Me
I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Conference Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You didn't go private! yeah! Anyways, I think that was awesome that you wrote that guy an email to correct him. Wish people did that more often. Maybe he'll come around sometime because of you, so good job! It was amazing how many talks answered my prayers and questions! Conference was SO good!
Post a Comment