About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

4 Years!!


It has taken me 4 years to be okay showing other people this picture and I speculated back and forth for like a day whether I should post it. But looks like I am. It is time to embrace my past baldness. Actually I only lost about 95% of it. Anyways, today marks my fourth anniversary of officially being declared in remission from Lymphoma. One of the greatest and happiest days of my life. My sister had this huge cookie made ( that I later threw up even though it was so good) and we shared with all my nurses and my parents it was so great. I have this picture hanging up in my room as a constant reminder of my blessings. I can't help but look at this picture and wonder who this girl is. Sometimes I don't even recognize her and I wonder how in the world I ever did it. All the treatments, the shots, taking 12 pills a day, the constant testing, the nautious feeling always in my stomach, the aches and pains, the doctors appointments. But then I remember my Heavenly Father and my Savior and their constant strength, guidance and peaceful assurance from the spirit that everything was going to be just fine. I just had to grit my teeth, force a smile, and pray like I have never prayed before but 4 years later, my hair is back, I am about to graduate from college, I have complete physical strength and the greatest life in the world. If I THINK I am having a rough day, I just picture myself it this chemo chair and everything doesn't seem so bad anymore. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for his mercy and power and blessings. I am so grateful for the Atonement of our Savior that heals us from not only our transgressions, sins and daily mistakes but from our illnesses and infirmities. Without it, I wouldn't be here today!

13 comments:

donelle said...

Congrats, Bekah! You have truly been one of the greatest examples to me of faith and of never giving up! You have always been gorgeous...even without your hair! I'm sad that I didn't get to see you more while in Provo, but everytime I did see you you were so happy and cheerful. I LOVE that! It always made my day to see you! It's so great to hear that everything is going well with you! I love your blog and I love you! Thank you for your example!!

Anonymous said...

Bekah I can't even tell you how much I admire you. I'm so glad I met you while I was in Provo and am so glad we can stay friends. You're such a great example to me and everyone else around you! Keep being you, you're amazing!

Jenny Hogle said...

Yeah Bekah! You are such an amazing example of staying strong through the hard (really hard!) times. Way to be! Thanks for your example.

Leah Fitts said...

im balling my eyes out..... your amazing.

Jolynn said...

Bekah you are amazing! You always have such good insight and attitude! It really does make me appreciate the sometimes crummy days for what they are and not blow them out of proportion...which is what I needed today! Thanks!

Rachel said...

I'm really glad you posted that! It is so amazing that it's been four years and you are doing so wonderful! You are so strong and that is what I love about you! Plus you still looked cute even without hair :)You really are amazing and I admire you for that!

Alisse Baldwin said...

I'm so glad that we've had 4 years extra with you! Cheers to many more years of your laughter, your smile, and silliness! :)

Lindsee said...

My Dear Bekah Friend,

Thank you for posting that picture. It seems like all that was forever ago, you look so young (not that you look old now :)

I am sorry I couldn't make it last night to celebrate. But I want you to know how proud I am of you! Like Donelle said, you have always been an example of faith and strength for me also.I remember admiring your aproach and attitude to the whole thing at the time. What an amazing thing to overcome at such a young age.

I am so happy that you are healthy and have a full head of beautiful brown hair 4 years later.

I love you Bekah!!

Lindsee

The Parker Place said...

Bekah!!!!

WOW 4 years hooray!!! You have and always be an example to to me about enduring our trials. I love you Bekah Boo Boo!!


David and I were just talking about how long you have been in remission for the other day. I think David thought 5 years I thought 3 years.

The Parker Place said...

The tin man post is from your favorite cousin Katrina

Heather said...

You have always amazed me Bekah! You have this light and positive energy about you that has always inspired me! I'm so happy that we met in high school, lifeguarded together, and reconnected in the blog world! Keep on doing what you're doing!

salena said...

If anyone can pull off not having 95% of their hair, it's you! I remember those times thinking you were so strong and full of faith! Yay for 4 years! :) Love ya!

Rooney Family said...

Hey! I am not sure if you remember me but I always snoop and take a look at your blog.(sorry I am a snoop) I am so happy you are doing well and living such a fun and happy life. You have always been an example to me especially in high school (eventhough I was a little wild...) Thanks for that. Congrats on doing so well!