Well you might just have to ignore my post a couple of weeks ago about my roommate Haley. She tore her ACL and MCL in her right knee at a game Friday night in Portland. When I got Melinda's text, my heart dropped and I felt sick to my stomach. I just kept thinking, "you have got to be freaking kidding me!" This is the 3rd time! And I told Melinda that I didn't even know what to say to Haley because I have said everything the first 2 times. I started having flashbacks of those stupid crutches, icing, Haley hobbling around, rubbing her knee at night, movie nights with Melinda while Haley ices her knee and is on pain killers, seeing her not dressed out on the bench, the after math of surgery and on and on. But I am proud of Haley for her determination and faith. I have never met anyone that loves something as much as she does but sometimes the Lord takes away what we love to teach us much greater lessons about ourselves, life and more importantly, Him. It breaks my heart to know that I will never see her finish out a season, take a conference championship, take mountain west player of the year (which is what would have happened) but our thoughts are not the Lord's. Our ways are most certainly not His and even though it stinks so bad, it ALWAYS works out for our best. And basketball is what got Haley here to BYU and this is where she is suppose to be. It's amazing how life never turns out the way you expect it to turn out. It never turns out the way you play it out in your head but thank goodness! I know we will look back on our lives in the next, and be so grateful. We will be so grateful that there is a God in Heaven who is in complete control and knows exactly what He is doing!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I don't even know her and I feel so sorry for her. This is such a nice post, you're a great friend :)
I only wish it were a joke.
It's definitely all about the bigger picture...I have to keep reminding myself of that. Not only does Haley go through this, we all do. We all get to learn and serve each other. I'm ready for round 3!!!
Post a Comment