About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Oreo Truffles


I have been looking for a good idea for holiday treats for home teachers, my visiting teachees, and friends and I think I found it. I want one right now...or 2, or 3!

Oreo Truffles

1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark

1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration. (I usually eat mine before they make it to this stage.)
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!

Makes about 36 truffles.

5 comments:

salena said...

Umm..yes please! Those look so yummy! I saw your brother Danny and your parents at church! We need to get together when you come for Thanksgiving week!

Jenny Hogle said...

That sounds so good! I'll definitely try it soon!

Kelli said...

I'll take 36. Feel free to deliver.

Maurine said...

Yes, these are yummy. I make them around the holidays and we always get a tummy ache from eating so many.

Lyndsay said...

Hey Bakah! How are you? Its been sometime since i have seen or talked to you! These look so yummy I think I will make them!