About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Graduation only brings....

More responsibility and pressure!! Well this is what I have decided for myself at least. If I were to quote myself 6 months ago it would be: "I am NOT moving back home to Mesa. It will be my last choice." Well...I am moving back to Mesa after I graduate. I know, I know. I have to eat my words. I am the last person who would have thought I would utter those words but I think I want to go home for a little bit. I got the second interview for the Del Sol internship but had to turn it down cause it just didn't feel right and I need to find a job for the summer and then with a school district in the Fall. I still will be applying out in Washington DC and the Arlington School District for fun. My friend Michelle is doing the George Washington grad program and we would really like to live together so we will see if I get any hits. But moving home for a little bit will be fun too. I am tired of missing out on everything and with my sister having another baby, it will be good to be there and see Kaden and Jack more and actually be there for the birth of the new one. I always just have to see pictures. Lame-o! I have never been to any of Dallin's baseball games or swim meets and it is his Senior year. And hang out with Danny and go grocery shopping with my Mom and hang out with her. And of course...live with Stacie!!

Will I miss Provo?....some things.

Will I miss my friends....of course! But most of them are really from Mesa anyways except for Code but she is coming in June to visit.

Will I miss the springs and summers here? Well that is a no brainier. It will be like 116 degrees at home. OH shoot! What have I done??

Oh well... I bought a new swimsuit last week!!

11 comments:

salena said...

I'm so happy! We will have to get together more.
Wait- and I missed the part where Rachel is pregnant?!

Chelsey said...

Mesa is the greatest place ever...I am still trying to get Tim to move there. Good Luck with everything!

Amelia Smith said...

There's no place like home :) As soon as I get off Gilbert from the 60, I feel so... I don't know, it's home! That's so awesome you graduate so soon!! How exciting. I was really bummed I didn't get the opportunity to actually use the degree I worked so darn hard to get. Miss Audrey was ready to join our little family. I do have to say it's nice I didn't have to worry about the job interviews and all the scary stuff. But, you are going to do great, and I can't wait to see what happens next in your little life :)

The Parkers said...

Plus, the most important thing... you are coming out to visit me!!!! HOORAY !!!

Jolynn said...

I have eaten my words plenty of times before! Sometimes home is the best place to go...even though it seems the least exciting. Plus who could pass up living with Stacie! And I love Mesa- most days I would move there, even in the summer, even if the weather is better here at that time of year! Good luck!

Rachel said...

yeah i can't wait for you to get here. we should all get together. that's awesome that you are so close to graduating. Cangrats girl!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I got a shout out! As I was reading I was thinking she better miss me! :) Just kidding! Yes I will be visiting Mesa often since that will be where the majority of you gals will end up!

camicoff said...

I am so excited that you will be coming back here!!! And, Rachel is prego???!!!! You get to be an aunt to not only the two most adorable boys ever, but another one...so cool! Congratulations on graduating--can't wait to see ya!

Jenny Hogle said...

Ah how fun! Mesa really isnt so bad. Rachel is prego? That is so exciting!

Jenny Hogle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

I'm so glad I could pass the "I'm never" stick on to you now. Mine went "I'm never going to ASU", now I'm an alum. The next was "I'm never moving to Utah", now I can't seem to get away. It seems that when we think we never really want to do something, that's what we're going to do and be forever grateful for it. I wouldn't trade my ASU education, nor my time in Utah. I've learned so much even though I've spent more than half the time (in both cases) being annoyed that I was at ASU or living in Utah. Live it up! I'm so jealous you will be so close to home though. You should still consider the SLP program at the U!