The top picture is a picture of what the island of Pohnpei looks like where my brother Spencer is serving. The bottom one is one the mission president's wife took as they were flying to it. Pretty crazy huh?? Ya know...how can the church not be true for a 19 year old boy to leave his car, school, golf, family, friends and girlfriend to travel to this island, all the way on the other side of the world to speak Pohnpeian or however you spell it, and teach a bunch of people he doesn't even know, about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon and the Savior. I think I might cry....pretty cool though huh? There is a lot of ocean and world out there!
About Me
I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Pohnpei
The top picture is a picture of what the island of Pohnpei looks like where my brother Spencer is serving. The bottom one is one the mission president's wife took as they were flying to it. Pretty crazy huh?? Ya know...how can the church not be true for a 19 year old boy to leave his car, school, golf, family, friends and girlfriend to travel to this island, all the way on the other side of the world to speak Pohnpeian or however you spell it, and teach a bunch of people he doesn't even know, about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon and the Savior. I think I might cry....pretty cool though huh? There is a lot of ocean and world out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is why Spencer (and all missionaries) are great! They give themselves to the Lord to mold, and come back a whole another person!
Those are awesome pictures! It is truly amazing that 19 year olds would be willing to leave everything and go out and serve it is awesome!
This is cute, and so true. I love missionaries.
Post a Comment