About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend



So it was a great birthday weekend! Friday morning I had my bone marrow but that all went smoothly. I went home after and took a quick nap and then Stacie took me out to eat at Liberty Market in downtown Gilbert and the food was excellent. And the company of course. I am excited for this Friday b/c it will be Stacie's birthday and the tables will be turned. She needs to tell me where she wants to go eat on Friday. Friday night we were going to go goofy golfing but decided to go Saturday night instead so Rachel, Alan and Stacie could come. So my family just had pizza and cake and ice cream and my friend Steven came over and we played card games.

Saturday morning my Mom and I went to Rachel's ultrasound and Rachel is having another BOY!! We are excited. We were all kind of hoping for a girl but 3 boys will be super fun too. He will be so dang cute. I am excited. And then Saturday afternoon, Rachel and Alan invited me and Steven over for a barbecue and to swim. And then that night we all went goofy golfing at Golfland and I wish I had more pictures. But the whole family was there (minus Spencer) and Stacie and Steven and Steven ended up beating all of us. We were all quite impressed actually.

So the birthday was awesome and it is good to be home to celebrate even though I missed sharing it with Amy and Code and Kelli and Lena.

So some of you may be wondering who Steven is. It is kind of a funny story. He lived in Provo in the Omni with Code, Stacie, Kelli, Lena, Jo, Dayna, Chelsey and everybody and I have been hearing about this Steven guy from them occasionally so when I came down here I went to a fireside with Stacie and he was there. We chatted a little bit but then he got my number from Stacie and we went out last Friday and have been together everyday since. Kind of funny and crazy I know. I am not sure what will happen of course but he is really fun to be around and my family loves him already. He has already had 2 Sunday dinners with us, 3 game nights and is playing basketball with my brothers and Dad tomorrow at the Stake Center. It's not the best timing with me possibly moving back to Provo but I think I will just ride this wave and see where it takes me. And it is nice because he is older (29) and has an awesome job and is very established and just super solid in the Gospel. And he runs marathons. How great is that! I already told him we cannot run together. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Life is good! I am getting more use to being home even though I do miss everyone up in Provo. But I feel good about being home right now so I just need to remain prayerful in deciding what I need to do in the next little while. I think this next year is going to be a good one!!

7 comments:

salena said...

I never met a Steven I didnt like! So he's probably a great guy:)

I'm glad you had a good bday weekend! Hey..are you still coming to Bastien's bday tonight? You can bring Steven! :)

Amelia Smith said...

It always seems like the right boy comes along at the most inconvenient time.... :) I'm so happy you had a fabulous birthday!

Anonymous said...

Yay I got a shout out! We missed you too but are glad you had a fun day (Stacie held down the fort for us all). Can't wait to get more d-tails on your "friend Steven."

Miss you! xo

Jolynn said...

Bekah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a great day. Steven is a great guy and a good friend, we sure hung out with him a lot. Hope you are enjoying AZ! I'm excited to hear about the job in Provo...good luck!

Lindsee said...

And Lindsee! I would have shared your birthday with you in Provo too ;)

Bekah Parker said...

Oh my gosh and Lindsee too of course!! I am such a brat. Whatever we would have done...you would have been there too!!

The Higham Family said...

I dont know how this happens, but your sister and I are always pregnant at the same time! It is so crazy- you can tell her I'm due Dec. 20th :)
And happy birthday!! (late)