I am the worst at this picture recording for the recipes. I get going and completely space it on pictures. I had the sister missionaries over for dinner the other night and was excited to try out a new recipe. I was kind of in a hurry since I got a late start which is probably why I forgot to take the pictures. It was a shrimp penne pasta with a green salad and french bread. It was really good if I do say so myself. You can always just add chicken if you don't like shrimp. I will never be making this for a few special people in my life since they don't eat seafood so I will have to try it again with some other kind of meat. But here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 pound penne pasta
1 pound shrimp
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
One 14.5 ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
milk for thinning
1/4 cup chopped parsley
6 basil leaves, cut
salt
pepper
Process:
Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Begin by peeling and deveining the shrimp and rinsing with cold water. In a small skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the shrimp and cook on both sides until it is just starting to turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp to plate to cool. Next, chop the onion and in the skillet, add the remaining butter and olive oil. Chop the parsley and basil leaves. Add the garlic and onion and stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally. This takes about 3 minutes to cook. Pour in the tomato sauce and stir; reduce the heat to low. Pour in the cream and stir well to combine, reduce heat to simmer. Add the shrimp to the sauce and stir gently. Next dump in the herbs and stir. Add the cooked pasta and stir gently. If the sauce is too thick, you can add some milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I served with a green salad with tomatoes and cucumber (Carly did a wonderful job at assembling) and some french bread. It all came together very nicely.


2 comments:
found your blog through Britt's!
made this meal tonight.
LOVED it!
Thanks. keep the recipes coming :)
Post a Comment