It was late and I was really tired and hungry (not a pretty combo) the other night and didn't have a lot of options. So I looked in my fridge and found some eggs, butter and bread and made this loveliness. It reminded me of my Grandpa Nelson because he would never eat his eggs without toast. And it did not disappoint. Simple, easy and delicous.
Please don't pay much attention to the slab of butter to the left. I didn't have much butter left and I didn't want to stick a tiny piece back in the fridge or throw it away....so I did the practical thing...used it all...
PERFECT!
Ingredients:
sliced bread
butter (obviously)
large eggs
salt and pepper
Process:
Begin by using a biscuit cutter (ya right like I own this) or drinking glass (sounds more like it) to cut a hole in the center of the bread. Heat 2-3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium to low heat. Place bread in pan and allow it to soak the butter. After 1 minute, crack the egg in the hole. (never thought I would ever use a sentence like that in my lifetime). Sprinke with salt and pepper and cook for another minute. With a spatula, flip to the other side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook the second side until the egg has reached its desired doneness. Eat with a large glass of milk.
Take a break before you proceed to workout.



4 comments:
I love making those. We call it birds in the nest.
Matt calls it eggs in the bird's nest too. He loves them! I finally bought a round cookie cutter this year, and have used a drinking glass for such things quite often... the cookie cutter is much nicer for cookies though :)
Where the heck was I when you made these? Dang work, it's ruining everything! My family calls it "eggs in the middle of toast"...I wish I was kidding. Yep, us Woods are super original:)
I have tried this before a friend at work calls it Birds Eye. I dont like eggs at all and I actually thought this was good.
Post a Comment