About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Great Buy

I am a major sucker when it comes to LDS artwork. I just can't seem to say no when I find a good deal. But I have been so conscious of my spending habits ever since I started my Personal Finance class this semester. It has really opened up my eyes to money and saving and investing and I even started a budget on Excel to track where all my money goes. I want to get really good at saving and being frugal in my spending habits. So because of that, I am trying to be better at shopping the sales and shopping around to find the best deal. So I want you to go ahead and guess how much I got this picture for. It's a 16x20 and the frame is amazing up close. Go ahead...$50, $75, possibly $100? Um...wrong! I got it for a whole $32.89 cents! I bought the picture at Seagull on sale and then Michaels randomly (I like to think of it as a miracle/tender mercy) is having a huge sale this week and so I got the frame for 60% off! I couldn't believe it! I was so excited when I left Michaels today. I almost put the whole thing together right there in the parking lot but held back my excitement and waited until I got home. And it currently is hanging in our living room in our apartment. I was going to hang it above my bed but decided I better share. Pretty great buy wouldn't you say!:)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That's awesome!! I just bought a picture of Christ but had my own frame and it was like half that or something. Good job!!

Kelli said...

Nicely done. I wish I were as good a bargain shopper as you :)

Announcements By Ashlee's said...

Check out our NEW blog....

We are offering discounts on holiday cards! Custom design starting at $30 for 25 cards w/envelopes!

We also offer wedding and all occasion invitations, business cards and door to door flyer distribution.