I was so excited to open up my mailbox today and see a letter from Spencer my brother who left for Guam this morning at 3am! He is doing so good and he sent a couple of pictures and one was a picture of an elder's shirt with a girl on a John Deere logo and underneath it said: "Nothing runs like a girl!" Guess he thought that was funny enough to send to me. But it just made me so happy and then I decided I needed to take a quick power nap before heading off to the library. But then my phone woke me up but it was a number I didn't recognize and I never answer when I don't know the number. So I ignored it and then it rang again and it was Spence at the airport in Hawaii! His plane was leaving in 45 minutes so he wanted to call and say hi and tell me that he is doing good and to tell me all about the MTC. But it was just so fun to talk to him and then he tells me that sending packages will be the same amount as I have been doing through BYU mailing services to Guam. A little side note for me to remember I guess. And then he gets serious and tells me that I need to start praying for the right one to come along because I have basically had enough practice on the wrong ones. HOw funny is that! I guess I should get on that. Advice from the wise missionary. Oh and Jenny he told me to tell you that he wanted to call you but knew that would be inappropriate and that he says HI! I miss him but he is going to be such a good missionary and the kid is already on fire. Good luck Spence!
1 comment:
Haha I'm glad you knew I'd be looking at your blog. Yes I totally understand about the call. He wrote me and said sorry, but that he thought it would be best if he didn't. I totally agree. I won't lie though, I was still kind of hoping he would. But now I'm glad he didn't. In every letter he tells me to pray and read my scriptures daily. It makes me happy. Go Spencer! Go Guam!
Post a Comment