This has been a crazy crazy summer, but I am grateful for the lessons I have learned and re-learned. I have had a few curve balls for sure. And one in particular I knew was bound to happen but I am grateful and happy for the way things have turned out. But here they are…
1. A true friend shows their true colors when you need them most. Our relationships are one of the few things we will take with us to heaven. Don’t allow people to slip from your life because it isn’t convenient or in your mind, necessary.
2. NEVER EVER stay in or force a relationship you know is NOT right. It may seem so wonderful and great at times and he is probably a fantastic person, but if you get a No answer and you just know in your gut that it is not right, then it is time to end it. Be with someone who makes you the very best version of yourself. Be with someone who makes you laugh, who makes you feel like anything is possible. Be with someone that can love you the way you need to be loved.
3. Learn to BUDGET!! I will possibly be financially on my own sometime this year and it’s stressful to think about health insurance and car insurance and all that stuff. But luckily I have a really good paying job and I did get a promotion and a raise so what a blessing that is! And I know if I pay my tithing faithfully, it will all work out.
4. Trust your gut! I can always feel when something bad or good is about to happen. I just have this instinct for it now I guess. But the incredible thing is, the spirit always, always gives me the peace I need that everything will be ok. There may be a 100 foot wall standing in front of you, but all that matters is that Heavenly Father is the one that can see past it. My roommate taught me that.
5. Don’t take you or life too seriously. Learn to laugh things off. Humor is an incredible medicine. It’s amazing how you can always find the humor in every bad situation.
6. Read your scriptures and pray at least twice daily. DO NOT MISS!!
7. Go to the temple as often as you can. There are people who need you to go and do their work for them. But you also need to go for yourself and find out what the Lord is trying to tell you.
8. Have good work ethic. Doors are always opened if you have been a good employee. A lot of the time in life, it is WHO you know, not always WHAT you know. Sometimes I have no idea what I am doing at work but I just act like I do, and try to do it with confidence, and my boss always buys it. It’s great!
9. Find an outlet for you to relieve stress and anxiety. Pick up a hobby. I always run really well when I have a lot on my mind. Let me just put it this way…I have been running for almost an hour everyday. It’s amazing what it does for me.
10. Treat people the way they deserve to be treated. You have no idea what anyone is going through so treat them like they are going through a tragedy and you will be surprised how right you are.
11. Do at least one good deed every day!
12.When someone calls for help, GET TO WHERE THEY ARE!
13. FAMILY and FRIENDS are so important! I have the most incredible group of girl friends and I honestly have no idea what I would do without them as corny as that may sound.
14. People will disappoint you. That’s just the way it is. So I have learned to hope for people to do the right thing but if they don’t, then it’s not your problem and that’s too bad for them.
15. TRUST IN THE LORD!!! Have faith that everything will work out, because it does! I look back on my short life and I am amazed at how things have just fallen into place and how my trials make sense. Know that He knows how things will turn out. Put your life in His hands and move forward with faith.
3 comments:
Bekah I love your thoghts! thanks for all the reminders!!! your blog is so colorful and well thought thru. I wish You could do mine for me!
I always love reading your blog. You are such a great person and I want you to know how great of an example you are. Is it weird to say that you inspire me? Haha, you totally do! Love ya girl.
Oh my heck! Your family picture is sooo cute! Your family is so attractive.
Post a Comment