Baby Nixon Banks Shumway was born yesterday at 5pm weighing 8lbs and 7 ounces. He is the most perfect human being in the world. I just love him and can’t get enough of him. I use to think that newborns can sometimes be kind of strange looking, but not this baby. He is perfect.
Crazy enough, Dr. Guzman let Alan deliver Nixon. I am not even kidding. Dr. Guzman has delivered all of Rachel’s babies and Rachel just loves Dr. Guzman and he has become a really good friend to her and Alan. So anyways, Alan was right there doing everything he was told as the doctor was just leaning over him directing him in what to do. I did attend the delivery and it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. When I started to see his head, I didn’t quite know it was the head and then all of a sudden, his head just popped out and then his shoulders and this tiny human. It was so amazing. At first it was a little strange seeing my sister this way (I am not going to lie) but then I thought…well that is going to be me someday so oh well.
He is trying to be very modest in showing that he is indeed a little boy…
This is Dr. Guzman. I didn’t picture him to be so young looking. He was telling us that he delivers about 45 babies a month and has been practicing for almost 8 years. You do the math…
Bonding time with his favorite aunt…
I have to say this was one of my favorite parts of my whole experience. Baby Nixon is having his ABR hearing test. It is his Auditory Brainstem Response which basically measures responses from the hearing nerves and the brain. I have seen this on video in some of my classes so it was fun for me to watch in person.
It was fun to see Kaden and Jack’s response when they saw the baby. And here is the cutest video of Kaden with Nixon.











7 comments:
What a handsome little guy! My congrats to you as an aunt and to Rachel and Alan! Good look on the GRE...let's go celebrate after you are done :-)
Yaa i am so excited for you to be an aunt again. Dixon is so cute. Good luck on the GRE :). I am excited to see you in a few weeks
He's perfect!
It's so sweet how Kaden is with Nixon.. Bastien wasnt as excited as that when he saw the twins:)
Oh my goodness, he IS perfect! Yay for being an Aunt! Best job in the world (for us now anyway). :)
Woo hoo! He is a cute little guy! Yay for aunthood!
Congrat's to you...what an exciting time for the family, witnessing a birth is so amazing!! He is a beautiful baby!
Your nephews are so cute!
Post a Comment