Ok so finals start TOMORROW and I have been feeling quite sick
for the past couple of weeks and finally broke down and went to the doctor Monday to have some lab work done. And sure enough I have Mono short for Mononucleosis (if you were wondering). And it is Finals week and I am going to New York in a week. So the timing could not be more off. I had to take the week off of work because the only time I am awake and coherent I need to spend time studying and not working for a job I could honestly care less about. And its a good thing none of you know my boss:) Anyways, I have the common side effects like fatigue and swollen glands and chills but personally worst of all... I have swollen, puffy eyes. It looks like an Egyptian woman who has been crying for months, or a fetus inside the womb who, or that I got in a horrible boxing match. TAKE YOUR PICK! Spencer calls me "puffs" now. That's a way to boost someone's self esteem. Actually that is pretty funny.
So for all of you out there, have you ever had Mono, how long before you felt better and did you have puffy, swollen eyes? What should I do to make them better? I have been taking Ibuprofen and icing them in the morning. I wish you guys could all see me in the mornings. It's pretty bad, or funny whichever one.
So any advice would be much appreciated.
Oh and Spencer and Katrina think I should take a picture of my eyes and post it on my blog... so I will get right on that...maybe!
About Me
I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Quite the Predicament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh man, that is NOT good timing! I'm sorry. Sione had mono once..I think he was out of school for a week but, it takes a while to feel fully better. But it's probably different with everyone! So dont worry...sorry about your eyes..you crack me up with the "Egyptian women crying for months thing". But, knowing you and how well you describe what people look like..(especially with animal comparisons) you probably described it perfectly!
Let remember some of the animal ones I've laughed really hard at....t-rex, prarie dog (your fav, sphinx. Gosh, your so mean. :)
Love ya! Hope you feel better soon!
Maybe I shouldn't post this...but didn't Amy have that once? Poor Bekah:(
Yes yes yes she did!
oh Bekah, I had mono that lasted a good 6-8 weeks. But not the puffy eyes so much! you're on your own for that one but all I remember was that I was super tired!!!! Good luck sis. you know that I am just teasing you!(Alan is rubbing off on me) get lots of rest, easier said than done, and remember, No more making out.j/k love you!!!
If you're in town...just in case " YOu're invited tooo.May 3rd (check out to what on my blog)
Mono is horrible, I had it in junior high and it took a couple weeks to get over it, but I think I was sluggish for like a month or two.
Not good timing, but you of all people will get through it with a good attitude, hope you get better!
Post a Comment