About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Good Conversation

So last night I went out with a really nice guy. I had Lena's birthday dinner/party and he had a reception to go to and so we didn't get together until around 9:30pm. So when he called to see where I live, he told me we were going to go to Borders Bookstore and of course I thought that was a great idea because I love book stores. So he picks me up and we drive over there and when we get there, he tells me to pick out one CD and one book that describes me and gave me a 10 minute time limit. It may seem so random for a date but it was different and I enjoyed that. Anyhow, I went straight to the country section and they didn't have the Faith Hill CD I wanted and so I chose a Keith Urban CD instead and the book 5 People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. I absolutely love that book. Its about a man who dies while working at the Amusement Park as the maintenance man and 5 people come and visit him which represent some different phase in his life and he learns these amazing lessons. There was even a movie made about it. But I loved it! And anyhow, he chose "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis and read an insert for me from one of the chapters called, "Is Christianity Hard or Easy?" I was so extremely impressed by the book he chose and what he had to say about it. I was blown away by his thoughts and ideas and impressions. We talked about how well C.S. Lewis ideas and thoughts parallel with gospel principles. The insert he read for me was so in line with having a broken heart and a contrite spirit. How the Lord doesn't just ask for our hearts but our minds and our wills and our lives. It was amazing! We had such a good conversation and I left feeling revived. I don't think anything will happen between me and him since he is moving to North Carolina in the Fall, but I had a good time and a good, fulfilling conversation. So if you are looking for two books to read, try the ones me and Adam chose. They are keepers!

7 comments:

Maurine said...

Sounds like a fun and interesting date. Thanks for coming to dinner...we are always happy to have you over! You are like part of the Linford family.

Lindsee said...

Hey--I didn't think anything would happen between Tyler and I because he was moving to Utah...

camicoff said...

Yes I am back! Sounds like you had a great date, that would be difficult for me to pick!

Anonymous said...

No way! I went out with that guy a few nights before and he did the same thing with me. Long live BYU!

Anonymous said...

Hey JK Beks... I just love it here because people have the most creative ideas!

MeL said...

Hello hello! I didn't realize that your blog was open again and so I had a LOT to catch up on! So as a catch all comment, Mere Christianity is one of my favorite books, your nephews are adorable, New York looks amazing, I'm sorry that you got sick, um... am I missing anything? Anyhoo, I love catching up and being able to see what is going on in far away friends' lives!

Bekah Parker said...

Who is the anonymous person?