About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tribute to Haley


Ok so I was just thinking the other day about how Haley and I have lived together for 2 whole years now. I can still remember her walking into our apartment at Courtside the first time 2 summers ago and wondering how I was going to share a room with a 17 year old basketball player who had just GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL 2 WEEKS BEFORE! But we immediately clicked and I am not saying it has been pure bliss but I could not have asked for a better and more fun roommate. We have been through a lot together these past couple of years....2 torn acls, missionaries, a broken heart, roommates, 2 apartments, birthdays, road trips, lots of funny and uncomfortable situations. It goes on and on. And I can only think of 1 time where we really really got mad at each other and that only lasted about an hour. I mean don't get me wrong, we can get on each other's nerves but we know each other well enough to know when to back off and give one another space. But I have to say that Haley has been my conscience at times and just isn't afraid to tell me how it is. Which is what I need sometimes. Thanks Haley for being a pretty sweet friend and roommate.

My favorite things about Haley.....

1. Her girdie voice...I know that doesn't make any sense to any of you but you will just have to have her do it for you sometime. If she is trying to make me laugh...she does her girdie voice.

2. Her strong opinion. Haley has an opinion about EVERYTHING. She even has an opinion about her having an opinion.



3. Her competitiveness. Haley is competitive about everything and she can turn everything into a competition. Who can drive home from church the fastest, who can do the most push ups, who can eat the most, and you don't even want to see her during card games and monopoly. Watch out!

4. Our trips to Macey's on Saturday nights. I can not even begin to count how many times we had to go to Maceys for dinner on Sunday.



5. Our nightly runs together. Haley is in really good shape so its good for me to run with her but sometimes I just want to tell her to slow the crap down but it pushes me which is good.

6. Her appetite. Haley eats on the hour and even when we come home from eating out, she goes straight to the fridge. I love it! It's a good thing she is so dedicated to working out.



7. Her boldness with me. She is not afraid to tell me straight up how she feels and she has the tendency to get me fired up when something is bothering me and we just feed off of each other's emotion. So I am sorry if I have ever said anything to offend any of you. I am so use to living with someone who just says it how it is. And I have started doing that a lot more. And that is NOT always a good thing!



8. Her testimony and dedication to the Gospel. She loves the Gospel and she is so so good about reading her scriptures and saying her prayers. When we shared a room for a year, I can honestly not remember a night where she missed saying her prayers. I was always impressed with that.



9. Her dedication to basketball. I have never met anyone that loved something that much. I know I have only seen her play like 6 or 7 times since she has been injured the last couple of years, but she is so incredibly good and makes girls basketball look like a bunch of guys out there. It's pretty fun to watch.



10. Her humor. I can always count on Haley to make me laugh. She says the most random things and sometimes at the most inappropriate times which can make it really funny. And she is very witty. But she always knows how to make me laugh and anyone that knows me knows that laughing is pretty much my favorite thing. So she does a good job at that.

I know I could go on but I will just leave it at that. Love ya Huley Luley and I am excited for one more year of pure entertainment!

No comments: