About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!


I love the Olympics! I love everything about them. I love the theme music, the Golden Spotlight moments, Bob Costas, and the late nights watching them with our beds in the living room. That’s right! We pulled out our mattresses and laid them in the living room. We are camping out for this. I just forget how much I love swimming and gymnastics. It just brings back so many childhood memories of thinking I was Dominique Dawes. I loved when the Olympics were on when I was little because it always made me that more excited to go to practice and try my flip flop on the beam. And I remember when the Magnificent 7 won the team gold and that was the same night of the swim championships and so my coaches were all watching on the deck with this tiny tiny TV. It made me so mad because I was swimming so I totally missed it! And I was more of a gymnast than a swimmer at age 11 and I totally missed the most exciting gymnastics moment of all time. Can you tell I am over it? My only claim to fame in swimming is I did take city that night in the 25 Meter backstroke but nobody cares about that. It's the summer league for crying out loud. I think my Mom accidentally threw away my medal when we moved.




Anyways...I think I have a tiny crush on Michael. Michael Phelps of course! Along with every other American girl in the country. But it just honestly blows my mind on what he is able to do in the water. Most swimmers master one stroke and a few events but that fact that he swims all four and so many different events along with relays and IM’s is just crazy! I don’t know how he does it! And for those that missed the relay Sunday night, I am so sorry for you. I think I lost my voice from screaming. Haley and I were going crazy! It was so amazing! It made me want to go put on a swim cap and goggles and go swim laps in the Avenues pool. Can you imagine me out there with a racing suit, goggles and cap swimming laps in the pool? It’s about 5 strokes and then a flip turn, 5 strokes, flip turn, 5 strokes, flip turn, 5 strokes, flip turn. See already bored. NOT EVEN WORTH IT! Has anyone ever seen the Jim Carrey Saturday Night Live when he is swimming laps in a hot tub? It’s a must see! Makes me think of that.

Well if you haven’t become an intense fan of the Olympics maybe you should start. Michael is swimming every night this week and 1 more gold medal will make him the most winning Olympian of all time. Who wouldn’t want to become a Michael Phelps and Beijing 2008 Olympics fan? Hello!



www.nbcolympics.com

Mens 4x100 Mens relay

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I ADORE the Olympics too! We have been watching ever night, we always did as a family growing up too and I can't stop, I'm sort of addicted to them :) And Michael Phelps was AMAZING!

salena said...

I never care to watch usually. But we have lately cause it's the only thing that's on and it is pretty cool watching Phelps and that crazy fast runner from Jamaica.

Lifes Delish said...

I don't have tv but who needs it when your blog is giving all the good info! I know you are in town but still wanted to say HI!