Well Stacie came up this past weekend to spend time with us and I will tell you the other reason in a different post. Trust me, it deserves it's own sticken post danget!
Anyhow, I have really been looking forward to Stacie coming into town. I have missed her alot now that she is permanently living in Mesa. But I got home from work on Friday and we met Melinda at Cafe Rio and once agian it did not dissapoint. And sometimes I think we should branch out on our eating choice when we are all together but let's face it... we never will. We then rented, "Step up 2 the Streets." You better believe we did. I wasn't too excited about it at first, but I actually really ended up liking it. Then we went and helped Code move into her new condo not too far from us. She will be living there the next couple of months by herself until her and Jon get married in October. And it is going to be such a fun and cute place to decorate. And she will do a fantastic job!
Saturday morning we got up bright and early (9am) and went and hiked the Y. I forgot how many switchbacks there are and how steep it is. It definetly is a hike, not a stroll! And by the first switchback we were all wondering why we agreed to do this. But it took the place of my run for the day. Holy Heck! But it was great and we were pretty relieved when we finally made it to the top.
But first here is Stacie sporing some of Haley's shoes since she didn't bring her tennis shoes. They sure look good Stace!
Lena Skiing. You have to admit it kind of looks like it...without poles. Is that what they are called?
We then went to Jdogs for lunch. Stacie went to Jdogs and the rest of us got snow cones. I highly recommend Tiger Blood with Cake Batter Hawaiian Style.
And then Stacie and I went on a walk while Haley and Devin took a walk too. But we went different ways. We didn't want them to come with us. Actually they didn't want us to go with them but whatever. Can you blame them? I always enjoy my walks with Stacie because we just always have so much to talk about. One of my fondest memories of New York was when Stacie and I spent the last day together. We walked through Central Park, ate Grey's Papaya Hodogs and it was great. We didn't have hot dogs this time or were we in Central Park, but it was just like old times. And she really has great advice. The day before Spencer Pierson and I broke up, I called her so upset because of all the mixed emotions and doubts I was having and I knew she would help me sort it out and talk about it and she did. I never told you thank you for that. So thanks Stace! But I call her about lots of things. She is a great one to have solve your problems for you. Well maybe not completely solve but at least she will be blatantly honest and sometimes beat sense back into you. Stacie is never shy in telling me when I am doing something retarded or completely out of my character or personality. Thanks Stace for always setting me straight.
But I am happy she was able to come up and spend a girl's weekend with us. And I am so proud of her. As much as I miss having her up here, she just got the coaching position for the girls JV volleyball at Mt. View and it is only a matter of time before she is the varisty coach. It is a very coveted position but she is a pro!
And stay tuned for the other reason she came up to visit. The pictures I took are so funny. The situation is not nearly as funny but the pictures are. It's a good thing I love Stacie because she just took away a very close friend of ours.
1 comment:
Wow, since when did I become the whitest one of the bunch? Oh right, since I signed my life away to a full time job and never see the light of day. Dang. Twas a fun fun weekend! Good recap, and can't wait to see your next post :)
Post a Comment