About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Weekend


We went up to Heber for the 4th of July and it was so amazing to escape the blistering heat. I almost hate it as much as Provo's winters. And we ate some vegetables from my Dad's garden.



Uncle Mark calling in the troops for dinner.

My dad made tri tips and chicken on Friday with dutch oven potatoes. Saturday night Uncle Mark made his famous chicken and corn and potato salad. And Uncle Paul and Aunt Kelly made breakfast burritos for Saturday morning breakfast. It was great!


Isn't my mom so cute!

Dad and the chicken



Kaden chilaxing in front of the fire

Jack and the Vespa

Morning!

We did a lot of sleeping...

And our first annual Parker kickball game. Actually our first idea was softball but
we unfortunately did not think ahead and therefore had no bats, gloves, balls, ect. And I of course decided not to bring my shoes and so I had only flip flops. So I was the official cheerleader and picture taker and unofficial score keeper.


What up Jack?


I just really liked the clouds in this picture. You know me and my scenic pictures.


Action shot



I just thought this picture is adorable of Kyler and Jack




And then we went to this little carnival they had nearby.

Ok and this bunny at the petting zoo had freakishly long ears.
They were seriously as
long as his entire body. It was so weird.


And Rachel speculating on whether it was worth $10 to get in...


And the goose...

Kaden and the pigs...

And then the badmitton tournament. My family
is all about good, clean, fun competition.
Well at least the good competition I guess.
And quoting my brother Dallin, "If you are not
cheating, you are not trying."


And then towards the end of the weekend, I just stopped taking pictures. Kind of lame I know. The boys decided to go down to the high school where the huge crowds are for the fireworks but the rest of us stayed behind to see them from the road. Next year I told my Mom that we need to go to the parade. I hear it is a big deal in Heber.

But it was super fun and good to see a bunch of extended family.

4 comments:

Amelia Smith said...

Hey, we went to that parade in Heber! It was so nice to get away from the blasted heat, and it's just going to get worst this week. YUCK!

Anonymous said...

So fun! It looks like you guys always have a good time!

Jenny Hogle said...

HAhaha I was kinda dying at Dallin's quote haha. That is so him. Looks like you guys had a blast!

The Parkers said...

I love Dallin's quote.. I can picture him saying that... Looks like you guys had tons of fun!