About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Date Night

So Friday night was a date night for Steven and I and I was excited to spend

time with him. So we went to Macaroni Grill for dinner with some of his friends and

had a real nice server. In fact she is dating an inactive

member of the church and proceeds
to tell us that

he is a HALF MORMON.


(His father is Jewish and his mother is LDS)

How awesome is that. A HALF MORMON!

I loved that. But we got her number and I gave it to the sister missionaries

in the ward and we
are going to invite dear Hannah to church.

It was all Steven.

So then we didn't go see a movie, go bowling, or even play

a game. We did something else. Well Steven did something else...



replaced the cracked tile in my parents walkway. We went to Home Depot

and bought gravel, grout, sponge, trowel and something else that I can't remember.

And I just helped him pick up the broken pieces from the old tile.

He asked me half way through if I had some reading to do or something.

But I felt rude making him do all the work. But let's face it....

I would be much better helping by just reading or something.

But then half way through we realized the tile my parents had

was for the kitchen and not for the walk way. So bless little Steven's heart.

He had to go to the tile store the next day and find tile

that matched it.

Doesn't it look great! Good job Steven!

He did such an awesome job. Didn't know I was

dating such a handy man.

And if you ever need a date idea...replace tile.

Next week we will be replacing all the light fixtures in the house.

Just Kidding...

3 comments:

Liese said...

glad you had a fun night! Missionary experience and service! Way to go!

Rachel said...

That is a great date night :)

Stacy said...

A handy man is definetely a keeper!!! My husband is "learning" how to be a handy man! :) That is awesome!!!!