About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Monday, July 6, 2009

Can someone spell...DIRTY

So a heads up to all book readers...."The Time Traveler's Wife" is dirty. D-I-R-T-Y! Never read a book with more "sex talk" in my life and I am so disappointed because I was really looking forward to it. And I bought it! Oh well. Just so you know. Guess we need a new book to read. Any suggestions? Kelli...you always come up with good stuff. But then again, so does Stacie.

We went up north to the cabin for the 4th of July weekend and it was beautiful. We had 70 degree weather the entire time. I will post pictures soon.

And did you know that Sarah Palin resigned as the governor in Alaska? She still had a year and a half left in her term. What's that all about? But the media will not leave her and her family alone so she must have her own reasoning.

My sister is naming their boy: Rosson Parker Shumway. Solid name huh? They were actually thinking of Stellar. And what do you think of the name Ande for a girl? I think it is so cute.

I am still looking for a job. It is obviously hard with budget cuts but in the school systems they don't know what they need until August after they have all their staffing. So in the meantime, I am going to get my substitue teaching certificate. But then my supervisor called me today and said they are now hiring for a new provider at Kids on The Move in Orem and I have no idea what to do. And I have to make a decision ASAP and put in my resume. Holy Moley!

What do I do? I feel good about staying home. But it is a job and I need a job and this experience for grad school and my applications. I have no idea what to do at the moment.

6 comments:

Lindsee said...

Rosson Shumway...that name sounds awfully familiar ;)

Bekah Parker said...

I know pretty crazy huh? It is Alan's grandpa's name. What are the chances?

Kelli said...

Decisions, decisions. Being an adult is hard! I know you'll make a good decision though. You've got a good head on your shoulders! And thanks for being the heads up about the Time Traveler book. I think I will try and return my copy.

Anonymous said...

I haven't even started the book--whoops! Good thing! :)

Laura C said...

This is one of those moments when I actually want to cry about something seemingly stupid to anyone else.

I just bought the book too, and I was more than excited to read it. I've heard SO many good reviews about it. And i can't return it. (and honestly, I don't really want to.) Oh, what to do.

I'm grateful to you, but also really sad at the same time.

salena said...

I did warn you! But I have to admit its still one of my favorite books...and I'm so dang excited for the movie!