So we had our first Annual Lymphoma Run on Saturday. I am so grateful for those that came and helped and ran and supported. We had a lot of fun and I am so happy I did it. I know our donation will be very helpful to someone.
Here are me and my sister Rachel. We actually have the same exact running shoes and didn't plan it at all. Steven bought these for me a few months ago. My sister, right before her triatholon, was so excited to show me her new purchase. She had them fitted and everything and wouldn't you know...they were the same exact ones I have. She didn't think it was as funny as I did:)
Some of the supporters...
Rachel and her friend Jessica
On your marks, get so....GO!!!! ( I love the way Rachel and Jessica are watching Amy in this picture....hahahahah)
And they are off....
Stacie and her family went to New York for a week, so this is Jesse (Stacie's fiance) coming to support. And he even helped with the idea of having this run!
Me and Amy. I dragged Amy around all Friday helping me get ready for this. She was great!!
Erica and Jennifer
Thanks for coming. And a special shout out to Dave and Sister Linford for coming and helping me announce and just being a support. They helped the time go by faster as we waited for all the runners to run back. My right foot has been killing me for about a week now and I was afraid I had a stress fracture and I had the 24 hour flu the day before so it was a rough weekend. I didn't even get to run but it hurt so bad, I dared not in case it could get worse. Laugh it up, but it is true. And my Mom was throwing up the night before and couldn't come. Stacie was away in New York. And....Steven was in Brazil so we pulled it off the best we could with 3 main supporters out for the count. I still think we did a great job!!! It was a good learning experience on how to do it better for next year.
Thank you for coming. It meant a lot to me and I am excited to do it again next year!!









2 comments:
that's awesome that you did this! way to go :)
Are those Linfords maybe related to Aaron Linford? I thought he told me he knew you. He's in 101st ward (and we're back in it) and he's my FHE brother, haha.
Yes! Aaron is my brother :) He's a cutie! Bekah, this was such a good experience! Rachel and her friend were looking at me to see what they were up against.....hahahaha!
Post a Comment