About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Recipe #5: Chicken Spaghetti





I made Chicken Spaghetti from "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" a couple weeks ago and it was really good!!  I ate the left over for lunch at work the next 2 days after.  It is a perfect dish for a big family.

Here are the ingredients:

1 cut-up fryer chicken
1 pound thin spaghetti broken into 2-ince pieces
One 4-ounce jar diced pimientos, drained
1 small onion
1/4 cup diced green pepper
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp seasoned salt (I used Lawry's)
black pepper to taste
1/8 to 1/4 cayenne pepper

The Process:  Preheat to 350 degrees


Add the chicken to a stock pot.  Cover with water and bring to boil.  Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 25-30 minutes.  Then Remove chicken and set aside to cool.  Remove 2 cups of broth from the pot and set aside.


Bring the remaining broth back to boil and add the spaghetti.  Cook it al dente.  Drain the spaghetti, discarding the cooking liquid.  Set aside.


With your fingers (or 2 forks) remove the chicken from the bones.  Shred or cut into bite size pieces.  Drain the Pimientos.  (sorry this picture is kind of disgusting). 

Dice the vegetables.  Dice the green pepper and onion. 


Place the cooked spaghetti into a large bowl and add the cream of mushroom soup.  Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese then add the green pepper and onion and pimiento.  Add the black pepper and cayenne pepper (I didn't but that is b/c I forgot it at the store.  It will just add some heat to your dish:)  Finally add the chicken and the broth.  Stir well together and check seasonings. 


Pour the mixture into a large baking pan and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.  Bake for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly. 


Yum!!


And Enjoy!! 

Dallin got a job at QT.  Go visit him.  He is on Val Vista and Main.  He is very excited for his 1st job to raise money for his mission.  And buy shoes.  I swear this boy knows how to buy shoes.  Sounds like a girl.  Just Kidding. 

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

salena said...

i'm in need of some new dinner ideas so bad & this looks yummy!

so bummed I couldnt make it to your lymphoma run. but it looks like it turned out great, you did awesome!

AND..am I hearing you right? Jessie & Stacie are engaged? That is awesome! I got to know her a bit that night we went to costa vida & she's such a cool girl. they are perfect!

salena said...

sorry jesse! I meant jesse!