About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

California!!


We went to California as I mentioned in my previous post and we had such a fun time.  It was super quick but well worth it.  Here are the girls at 3am on the dot awaiting our departure.  They were all such good troopers especially Angela, Carly and Sarah who sat in the back cramped for 6 hours on the way there. 



Here is the first time I have ever used a parking meter.  We only used up 1/4 of the time we paid for but who cares!  My breakfast burrito with avacado and eggs and mushrooms and sprouts was amazing.

On our way to Sugar Shack for breakfast.  We met Steven's sister Julie there and I am so sad I didn't get a picture.  It was fun to see her.  I love Julie! 

And here we are with our matching towels.  Carly bought these at COSTCO.

We got a little burnt to say the least.  We could barely walk the next day.  Angela fell asleep and so she has this zig zag burn on her neck.  It is so funny.  I don't have a picture but my roommate Sarah does so I will try and download that.  I didn't get as burned but Sarah and Amy and Angela were rubbing Aloe Vera all over their legs the next morning. 



Who knew a tea leaf wasn't edible?



Oooppsss...we kind of accidently dropped the glass holder around the candle.  The cute buss boy had to come clean it up and our waiter was super nice about it. 

Carly was laughing so hard she was crying...
Our yummy lobster and something or other...
So Amy and I drove to Lake Arrowhead for Blake's reception.  We hit traffic on the way and I was getting  a little frazzled b/c we left Huntington kind of late and I knew it would be quite a drive.  I already changed plans on Blake 3 different times so if I ended up not coming at all, I would have felt so bad.  Here he is with his cute new wife Julie.  It was so fun to go and see him.  What a cute couple!  Amy was so wonderful to come with me even though she was in so much pain from her sunburn.  I thought we were going to die driving down the mountain at night but we made it out fine.  I forgot how pretty Crestline and Lake Arrowhead is.  It brings back so many great of going there every summer.  I am sad we didn't see Katrina but next time!

We left early Sunday afternoon.  We were all so tired and sore.  And Angela and Amy were nice enough to bring down the things that Carly, Sarah and I forgot.  I really, really wish I had a picture of Angela's neck.  I took a picture of the back of their legs but you can't really tell how red they are. 




I wish I was back in California right now.  Oh well.  That must mean we will need to do it again sometime soon! 

3 comments:

Amy said...

It was so much fun! I'm glad you left the part out where I was crying on the way home from the reception...haha. I totally agree with you...we need to do this sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun!!

MegRich said...

How fun! That looks and sounds so refreshing to go to the beach! How do you know Carly? Raylene and I met her at EFY one year and we became instant friends. She's so fun! I haven't seen her in years! Tell her hello for me :)