About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Mom's are 99.9% right most of the time!

Well I think this deserves a posting because it’s a funny story. At least to me. So when my mom was up here in Utah about a month ago, she went and visited and spent time with her college roommates and had decided to give one of her friend’s son’s my number. And then she tells me that I would have a good time but she didn’t know if I would be attracted to him but that I would most definitely be attracted to his younger brother….WHO IS ON A MISSION! Oh mom!. But don’t get me wrong. She thought he was cute but didn’t know if he would be my type completely. So her telling me that just screams a horrible date. Right? Wrong! So he calls about a week ago to go out last Friday and I decide to go into this with the lowest expectations so I’m not disappointed. And so Friday rolls around and he plans to pick me up at 7. So he knocks (sorry for the play by play) and as I am opening the door…I couldn’t believe it! He was so cute! And I just thought, “Mom, do you even know what I think is cute!” Because he is! And we had a great time. So funny and laughed at my jokes the entire time, (crucial by the way) and he just really brought out my personality. And I was totally myself which sometimes I think can be overwhelming but luckily he has 3 very independent, strong willed, loud sisters so he is used to it. And we went and played pool. How cool is that!

So he called again last week and we went out Friday up to the moonlight lifts at Sundance in the canyon and had so much fun. We have very similar interests and he is really chill and easy going. So then I got bold and invited him to the Rocky Mountain Revue at Salt Lake Community College for a group date with my roommates and their boyfriends the very next night. My friend Melinda’s brother was playing and she got us free tickets. I had a picture of Britton Johnsen playing but then I realized none of you would know who he is.

But the moral of this story is, for some reason, my Mom has never really thought that they guys I think are super cute, are cute. Did that sentence make any sense? I remember when I was still living at home in Mesa, I went out on a couple of dates with this one guy (who is now married to my friend that I set her up with) and she couldn’t believe how handsome he was and I was like, “ya he is” but she just couldn’t get over how cute he was. Oh well. So mothers are amazing for judgment calls and advice and all that great stuff and my mom totally knows my taste in clothes which is nice because she will buy me stuff on her own and I ended up really liking it. Which is fantastic by the way! But thank goodness this one time, she was wrong! Because I wasn’t all the way for going out with him and almost didn’t answer his phone call. Almost! Well more like 60% but then I knew that would have been so rude and I am happy I did because he’s cute and a really great guy! And he does have a younger brother coming home in November and I have to say since seeing a picture, he is pretty cute. So if any of you are interested….I will think you are ridiculous because that makes him my Brother Spencer’s age. Haha. Just kidding! No but seriously. My roommate McKell on the other hand…



7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Um, why wouldn't your mom think he is attractive??? He is super cute!

Lindsee said...

SO cute!! Props to Bekah for always scoring cute dates...bravo.

Jenny Hogle said...

um... He's Dang cute. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Moms are always right! Good thing you listened! He seems like a good one! :)

salena said...

Seriously way way CUTE! Cuter than the others I've seen pics of by far! You guys look so good together!

Kelli said...

I'm jealous that when your mom meddles, it actually works out for you.

Anonymous said...

Yep, he's definitely cute!