About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

This ought to be funny. Great idea Kim!

Be Gentle.


Here are the directions:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

12 comments:

Lindsee said...

I think of that time you played the piano for me on Easter. I remember hearing you sniffling from behind the piano:)

And when we used to go do baptisms together. I liked that.

Kim and Matt said...

Memories of Bekah, for me, are...I remember you always being this lean, trim, tan beautiful cheerleader. I remember thinking, how can someone have such great legs. :) Seriously!
I remember going to Neilson's with you and Amy, just for fun. Can't remember why, but we laughed a lot.
Always loved your laugh. :)

Kelli said...

Hmmmmm....memories about Bekah...well, I didn't really know you at all until after high school. So the "memories" I have are all fairly recent. I remember that one time in relief society when you announced the opening song, and then said "And no yelling!" :)

And I also remember that one time you said "Moolah" and it sounded like "Mew-la."

And I also remember that one time that I told you I was sore from bowling, and you mocked me all day about it.

And I also remember that one time in New York when you saw a poster of Derek Jeter and you said "Look, it's David Jeter!"

BUT my most favorite memory of you would have to be when you left me a flower and a note on Valentine's Day. You tried to do it anonymously, but I could tell from your handwriting it was you. It was so sweet and so nice and totally made my day. So, thanks B!

Ali said...

I would say that my memory of Bekah is # 1 Your crazy broken finger thing when you would make a fist it would stay straight, kinda weird. #2 That one Christmas that we went and got a tree for our class for that family in need, I think that was the beginning of our friendship. #3 O and that one time in history I believe we Kamyl called you a goody goody or something totally snotty. I love bekah and all the fun memories of you. Love you tons little lady.

salena said...

Oh geez..where do I start? I guess I'd have to start from the beginning.

I remember when we used to have dance contests in my living room and I was so jealous of your little gymnastics tricks.
-When we used to meet eachother halfway to our houses when we'd play.
-How we randomly stopped being friends when we were little and then Rachel made us make up that one time I came over and we were quoting "Dumb and Dumber" then all the sudden we were friends again.
-When we were painting our names on our rugs at girls camp and you wrote Bekah Pakar on yours. Then you got another rug to write on and wrote Bekah Pakar again!
-When we were sleeping peacefully and the YCL's came in,yanked you out of bed,carried you to the flagpole and taped you to it..just weird.
- When you lived at my house for a month your senior year and you always ate rice cakes in bed, and shared with me.
-When we used to plan your marriage to my brother Sione.

Thre's too many to remember! But my favorite memories of laughing so hard it hurt were definitely with you, hands down! Love you!

Stacy said...

I remember having seminary (right?!) together with you! You were Always happy, Always smiling, and Always fun to be around. I don't remember anything specific but I do always remember feeling happy when you were around. There aren't a lot of people like that in the world so don't ever lose that!

Alisse Baldwin said...

The tan, TUMBLING cheerleader that got cancer and fought it... Haha, funny what comes to mind first thing, huh?

The Parkers said...

All the memories of you.. just to pull one would be so hard? I could talk about the time when we were in Catalina and you took pictures of guys butts, or when I came to Mesa and we went to go get your Kemo, or the Relay for life, all the memories.. Just so fun!!!!

Love ya Bekah

Bekah Parker said...

Ok in my defense...it was one time and he happened to be standing next to something that I was taking a picture of. Even though he was really good looking:)

MeL said...

So I think that my first memory of you was when we were sophomores and you sat in the back of my row in Math class, and you asked me if I went to Mesa Junior, because we had both gone to that seminary party that was at Bro. Wade's house, which I'm realizing now is really weird. Another random random memory is one time at the beginning of our senior year, and you had just died your hair dark, and I was behind you walking across the crosswalk to seminary, and I thought, Who the heck is that skinny skinny dark haired girl? And then like two seconds later you turned around and I saw that it was you and I envied your amazing booty for basically the rest of my life.

Sorry if that last comment was creepy, it's seriously true though!

Stacie DeWitt said...

Oh Bekah, I have been sitting here trying to think of where I should even start with all the memories I have of you. You covered alot of them with your birthday tribute to me, but there are a few that you left out:

- I love that you appreciate my weird taste in music and you always pretend to like the songs I pick for you.
- The Enclave. Do I really need to say anything else about that experience. It feels kind of surreal now that I look back on it. Remember when Kinz wrote that note on the fridge telling us that she wasn't our mother and we need to clean the kitchen, but we never used the kitche so she was telling us to cleam up her mess.
- You leading the music in the Enclave ward. That was always good for a laugh. Then the music person asked you if you would like to take a leading class and you told her no.
- My car getting booted and so I borrowed your car to go to work and you borrowed Chase's to go to class and now that I am writing this what did Chase do all day?
- Playing basketball with Haley and Melinda and you knocking me to the ground, I never realized how much pent up aggression you had until that night.
- Remember when you got cancer and I never called you because I was awkward and then when I came home I saw you and the first thing I said was, "cancer, huh?" I'm emotional retarded.
- Going to see The Notebook and feeling very uncomfortable that your brother was watching it with us.
- Remember when I asked you what you guys did after you were done cheering for basketball and football and you looked very insulted and told me that you trained for competitions that nobody came and watched. I'm sorry I didn't know about that you guys competed, nobody ever told me!
- My weird 6th sense of knowing when you have kissed a boy. Remember when you walked into my room one morning and before you said a word I said, "you kissed him didn't you?" Kind of creepy, I know.
- Playing Monopoly with Haley and Melinda. You being on the brink of losing then coming back and crushing me and me not being able to talk to you for a couple hours. We then decided that monopoly was not healthy for our friendship.
- The only movie you ever quote is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. and everytime you quote it you always ask us what movie it is from and we always look at you like you are a moron.

My best memories of you are all of the long talks we have about life and just knowing that we will always be friends and keep in touch no matter where life takes us. You are one of the strongest people I have ever known and I feel bad for people who don't have a friend like you in their lives. Thanks for all you do, can't wait to see what other memories will will make!

Bekah Parker said...

Ok Stace-

I must reply to all your comments because they are funny memories. First off...


--I love your weird taste in music. I will have you know I have downloaded more songs on itunes from missy higgins and susie suh.
--the best part about her leaving that note is that the sink was full of Sunday dishes and all you and I ever used were our 2 pink plastic bowls, 2 green cups, 2 spoons and 2 forks. And that is basically it. I guess the charitable thing would have been to clean the dishes huh? Oh well. She is now married to Ry:)
--Oh leading music in Enclave. That's right. She did come up to me and ask if I wanted to organize a class where people in the ward could learn to lead music, and I said no. How sad! Well I didn't come out and say no, did I?
--Who knows what Chase did all day. that boy can entertain himself better then anyone I know. He probably took a run up the canyon or went bird watching or sky gazing. Who knows!
--I wish you still lived up here so we could go play with Haley and Melinda. I don't know what got into me when we played. I guess I am just really good at running around and fouling since my basketball skills are minimul especially compared to you and haley and Melinda. But I will have you know...I went and played tennis with that Michael kid in my ward and you would be proud!
--I remember when you told me that you thought my voice was going to sound different or something when you found out I was sick. Like you were afraid you would call and it just would sound and be wierd to talk to me because cancer...changes the pitch and tone of people's vocal chords:)
--I remember I think Danny was with us and he was sitting on the very end of the row and during the bad scene, I leaned over and told Kelli to close his eyes.
--Well you were some sport superstar during high school and here I was some cheerleader who kicks her legs around and flips and acts preppy ( I tried to act preppy...I really did) and then you asked me what we did besides that and I was like..."excuse me but cheerleading is a very difficult sport." ya right! The best was running the track with the squad one morning and watching some of those girls attempt that. I won't mention names. But I know if I would have told you about those competitions you would have come...right?
--I think it was Andrew Law wasn't it? I walked into your room and right away you were like, "you kissed him didn't you?" It must have been the smile on my face because he is super cute. Let me just put it this way...after my honeymoon, I am avoiding you for a week. Is that inappropriate to say?:)
--I to this day have no idea how I came back and whooped you in Monopoly. Just pure luck. But you were really upset. I remember. It was not pretty. But come on...sometimes you and Haley have to let me win. It stinks being the one always losing in games.
--And How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days is not the only movie I quote. I quote....um...um...ya know other ones. Just can't think of the names of them right now. Haha.

You are the best! I hope you read this by the way because it just cut into 20 minutes of my study time. Love you Stacie!