About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Not Fun!

So I have started trying to get back into shape the past month and I am here to tell you …it is not fun! And I am not quite sure why I keep doing this to myself. It’s just a pattern. I do really well all through spring and summer and then winter hits, and I am back to square one come May. Last August I could whip out 7 miles (thanks to an amazing running partner) and about a month ago, I could barely run twice around the track in the Smith Fieldhouse. Talk about embarrassing! Rather pathetic actually. So I am back to struggling to get to 3 miles and then I wake up each morning with sore, sore muscles (not because of bowling) and then I just have to run through it. And I have officially decided that it is much harder to get back into shape running on the ground versus on a treadmill. Holy Cow! I usually start out on a treadmill but nope, not this time. My body will thank me later…I hope. Oh and I think it’s time to get new running shoes. Oh wait I change my mind. I have great running shoes what am I talking about. I think it’s time to get a new running partner. But I really don’t think anyone can outdo Tim. I remember when we would run at home in Mesa, he would always run curbside so I wasn’t anywhere near the cars and we would put one ear phone in and leave one out for whenever one of us needed to say something. And we were running during all the drama with Max and I really needed a good run one night. So we start out running and at about 2 miles I just really start to pick up speed and then Tim does, and pretty soon we are trying to out do each other and finally I was like, “Tim why the heck are you running so dang fast?” And he was like, “because you are” and I was like, “no you are” and this went on for like 10 seconds and I just miss that with Tim. I would give anything to go run with him. And I know you all want to hear my sob story but the moral is…it’s always great to run with someone. Kelli you up for it?

7 comments:

Kelli said...

It was a really intense game of bowling, OKAY? Gosh. And I don't know Bekah, I don't think I could keep pace with you...maybe if you were willing to get up w/ me at 5:00am... :)

Lindsee said...

Ha! That's the whole reason I don't run with Tyler. I'm like "I am good after 1 mile" and he's like "I went running for the first time yesterday in a year and ran 8 miles". Yeah--I am married to Mr. Marathon. So, he always tries to get me to run with him--but I am too competetive and he would waste me. Selfish?

Bekah Parker said...

That's not selfish Lindsee. This morning this girl kept trying to get ahead of me and I was like, "no you didn't." I can be the same way. And there is no way I am getting up at 5am. I don't know if I could keep up Kelli's work schedule.

MeL said...

I don't know what all the hype is about the whole running thing. In all honesty, I haven't run a mile since I was trying out for cheer when I was in 8th grade. And then I tried to run recently and I got like 30 steps (I'm not sure how small of a fraction of a mile that is) and thought I was going to die. If you can run a mile I think you are doing fabulously!

Jolynn said...

I agree, a mile is great! I don't even know the last time I even tried to run, but I know I couldn't run a mile without stopping. Getting into shape really is NOT FUN! Sometimes I wonder why we even try. And I could never keep up with Kelli's schedule either!

salena said...

NO, not fun at all. I cant even run anymore, I'm one of those losers who walk the whole time. I'm all about the Precor's at the gym! They dont hurt!

camicoff said...

I hear ya...I miss Tim too, and it is hard getting back into the routine of working out. I prefer swimming or anything in the water.