I really don’t mean to get on a high horse and that is not my intent on writing this but I just can’t stop feeling so happy. I don’t know where all this extra happiness is coming from but I woke up this morning with so much gratitude and I haven’t been able to stop smiling. Actually that's a lie. Work was crazy today. But anyways, I am amazed at the blessings in my life. I just can’t keep track of all the Lord’s tender mercies. They just keep coming and coming! I have the best family! They have always been such an incredible support group for me in everything I have done or been through in my life. I can’t even put into words the feelings and love I have for my sister and brothers. I remember when I was in the hospital, my sister came every single day when she wasn’t working to be with me and make sure I had someone when my Mom wasn’t there. I remember when my brothers administered the Sacrament for me on the Sundays I was there. It was such a special and sacred moment to have Danny bless the bread and water and Spencer preside and Dallin pass it to me. The best was when I saw the tears strolling down Spencer’s face. The spirit was so strong. I just felt so much love for them and I am grateful for the boys they have become and continue to become. I am grateful for parents who have taught me the correct principles of the Gospel and then allowed me to govern myself. What a light they are in my life!
When my parents were first engaged, my Mom lived down the street from President Kimball. So one day while he was out for a walk with his bodyguard, my parents got to talking with him and my Dad asked him if there was any advice he would give him what would it be. And so President Kimball looked at him square in the eye and told him, “Surround yourself with good people.” That is something I have always remembered. The people you spend time with have a tremendous effect on you. It’s rare you find a wayward child with good, faithful, church-going friends. My mom was always so specific about whom we hung out with. One time a girl came to the door to pick up one of my brothers and…lets just say she wasn’t wearing the most modest shirt. And so my mom told her that Danny wasn’t going out with her wearing that shirt. Danny about died! But I would probably do the same thing. I am so blessed to have the friends I do. I just don’t know where they all came from! We have all formed this incredible bond with each other. We do everything together and I know wherever life takes us, we will all keep in touch. They are all so supportive of me and I hope and pray that I do the same for them. We are happy for each other when good things happen, and we listen and feel each other’s pain when the not so good things happen. My friend Code got engaged a few days ago, and when her and Jon walked in and I saw her ring, I just started to cry because I just felt this immediate happiness for them. To see Code that happy, makes us happy too. What a blessing to have such good friends! And I don’t think anyone knows me as well as my best friend Amy. She can see right through me. About a week ago, I saw something I wasn’t exactly ready to see and it about killed me. So I drove straight to her house and cried for probably an hour and she just laid there with me and rubbed me back and let me cry. She told me that everything was going to be fine and that before I knew it, it wouldn’t affect me as much. And she is right! We have just been there for each other through thick and thin! And I am so grateful for her.
I am grateful that I am getting my education. I am grateful that I can wake up every morning with a full functioning body to go run, or go drive some where and go to a job that is the best one at BYU. I am just honestly grateful to be alive. I am grateful that I am not wearing a wig with an IV stuck in my arm and having to give myself shots in the stomach everyday with a needle stuck in a port in my chest hooked up to a vein in my neck pumping chemo into my body. When I think I am suffering, I remember that! Life is amazing! I have the greatest life. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t thank my Heavenly Father for a second run. I know that He always provides because He knows what is best. I am grateful that when he closes one important door, that he opens compensating doors. I know that when things change, or when somebody or something disappears from your life, that He sends other people and other things to make things easier and sometimes even better. What a blessing!
I am grateful for the Gospel. I am grateful that every key, every ordinance is available to allow us to one day return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. He has given us everything! I am nowhere near deserving of all the blessings I have. I sometimes wonder why in the world I have such a great life! I have so much to work on. But I keep trying and a lot of the times I fall but sometimes He lets us fall so we can learn how to allow Him to lift us higher. And if there is one thing I know so far it is that it is so worth it!
And so now that you all have wondered when this is going to end, wake up and…got get something to eat because I am really hungry right now. Thank goodness Kelli is having her All Star Game party tonight because that means there will be pizza!
5 comments:
life is great to you because you are a Parker!!! What more can describe it?
Thank you so much for posting that! I've just been really having a crappy day, kind of the whole week, and your words have helped so so much. Thank you Bekah for waking me up! There is so much to be greatful for!
I love those moments when you realize how great you have it..for me it's usually after I've dranken some sort of caffeine. Kidding, it is So easy to forget though. You're such a strong person and have always been a great example to me. You have been through so much Bekah..you really do deserve THE BEST!
Hey Bekah~ Thanks for that really long Blog I actually liked reading. I thought about you the other day. and so I checked out your blog . Thanks for being grateful it's kinda contagious..I think I have the happy bug now..Love ya!
This post is awesome. I have not other words.
Post a Comment