Spencer went into the MTC today. We arrived promptly for the 1:00 orientation but too bad I forgot his immunizations in my backpack so I raced home to get them. Did you know that there are a lot of slow drivers in Provo? Oh my gosh and slow people that walk across the cross walk. Move it or lose it! No they are just being safe. But I just love the spirit at the MTC and seeing all the missionaries and nervous but excited faces. I am still kind of sad I got a No answer to go on a mission but when the Lord says no, He says no! And Spencer was so calm and so collected and so ready to go. I was just not looking forward to the crying part and saying goodbye. And the commercials with, "Family...isn't it about time" crack me up. "Isn't it about...time." Time to stop playing them. Just kidding. There are some great ones for sure. But when it was finally time, I just gave him a huge hug, told him I loved him, to be good and have fun and go preach the good word:) He is going to be such an awesome missionary.
And then I took some videos for my Mom just so she could feel like she was there. The first one is super long but I was just getting as much as I could in.
3 comments:
Thank you a much for posting this. He looks so good! Go Elder Parker!
Not sure if you remember who I am, but tell your bro Danny I said hi...I havent seen him since he's been home...what a stud that one.
The MTC really brings up a mix of emotions doesn't it? Spencer will be an awesome missionary! Send pics of homecoming/farewell when you get a chance--thanks!
Post a Comment